Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Other

Votes: 5 6.1%

• Total voters

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna draw my own box and check "BOGGER"

but seriously... I think we need the NDP to come in and deal with the enviromental destruction caused by past governments, [B]institute more social programs for the non-working poor[/B], and impose high financial levies on the big oil companies...

Are you fawking kidding me! When it comes down to it the NDP want to take the very little or next to nothing and share it with everyone.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a noggin scratcher.

Debates, the green party (A party that wants to do things for ALL of canada) is not allowed in the debates, whereas the bloc (A party that wants to seperate) is allowed in?

The bloc is looking out for quebec, and nothing more. Hell, we can't even vote for them if you don't live in quebec, Why are these people allowed to debate? The should be a fringe party, at best.

There is preserving heritage, and there is being a douche, I am afraid the bloc crosses that line regularly

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
lol da comrade???

whats the point of debating if no one shows facts of the other side

if no one does that... its not a debate :)

you just described the canadian political landscape....

nothing is based on fact.... views and opinions are debated while common sense and the best interests of the citizenship go out the window...

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you just described the canadian political landscape....

nothing is based on fact.... views and opinions are debated while common sense and the best interests of the citizenship go out the window...

unless it's history, which is what i was referring to.... should of made that clear

and the Bloc.... well they are in fact.. unconstitutional

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The word coalition wasn't scary enough. I wondered how long it would be before some dunderhead trotted out the old NEP.........:rolleyes:

Did I hit a nerve? :rolleyes:

A cap and trade scenario that no other country seems to be following, is pretty much suicide for any energy producing province. It's nothing but a wealth transfer to the east, and it won't last any longer than the time it takes to say "not withstanding".

Try presenting some sort of argument that doesn't revolve around name calling towards other posters.

riffrraffing

Reaction score
yes I agree they are all the same but I cringe to think Harper with a majority government. But then again like I said in a previous thread they all cant handle it so might as well give the buffoons another minority. Not the most effective way of running a country but if none of them cant do it on their own might as well keep them in line by feeding off of each other.:d

Why does it scare you to have Harper lead our country? What specifically has he demonstrated that leaves you feeling frightened? Or is it just hysteria?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a noggin scratcher.

Debates, the green party (A party that wants to do things for ALL of canada) is not allowed in the debates, whereas the bloc (A party that wants to seperate) is allowed in?

The bloc is looking out for quebec, and nothing more. Hell, we can't even vote for them if you don't live in quebec, Why are these people allowed to debate? The should be a fringe party, at best.

There is preserving heritage, and there is being a douche, I am afraid the bloc crosses that line regularly

Only the parties that actually have an elected MP were allowed at the debate.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why does it scare you to have Harper lead our country? What specifically has he demonstrated that leaves you feeling frightened? Or is it just hysteria?

Sorry but it is just a gut feeling of mine plus I dont trust him and so far some of his actions are proving my feelings are correct.

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahhh funny read

since every election means the party in power always gets roasted.... i'm just helping in the roasting :)

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did I hit a nerve? :rolleyes:

A cap and trade scenario that no other country seems to be following, is pretty much suicide for any energy producing province. It's nothing but a wealth transfer to the east, and it won't last any longer than the time it takes to say "not withstanding".

Try presenting some sort of argument that doesn't revolve around name calling towards other posters.

You did hit a nerve, every time there is an election provincial or federal some..... person, trots out a 30 year old piece of legislation (that was ratified by Premier Lougheed) that didn't work as if it is going to be introduced by the Liberals if they win...NEWSFLASH: they had solid majorities for most of the nineties......NO NEP!!!!! The ONLY reason to even mention it now is to stir up emotions....thus Dunderhead.....I Didn't read anything about cap and trade in your original post (may have missed it, didn't go back and look)..If you think cap and trade has any resemblance to the NEP you may have some reading to do.
I was only about 15 when the NEP was introduced but from what I remember the federal government basically tried to charge a royalty on oil and gas on top of provincial royalties...Where they have no jurisdiction....I believe the other part of the legislation that no-one seems to remember is that prices for Canadians, on Canadian produced oil would be subject to control.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who watched the debate last night and heard Duseppe's closing comments? I cant believe he stood there and preached their ultimate goal is for a sovereign Quebec - country of Quebec during a national election debate. He should have been arrested for treason. What a disgrace that he was allowed to do this.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
who watched the debate last night and heard Duseppe's closing comments? I cant believe he stood there and preached their ultimate goal is for a sovereign Quebec - country of Quebec during a national election debate. He should have been arrested for treason. What a disgrace that he was allowed to do this.

The rights of individuals seem to outwieght the best interests of our nation, the blatant examples are numerous....

We need to pick a fight, start a war and ask people to fight for thier country, if your not willing to fight for your freedoms you don't deserve them.
I did not choose military as a career, but I would fight for my country if she asked.... defectors could run to Quebec for harbouring, we can allow them to separate, then invade and take it back....

1/4 of my ansestory is from french speaking quebec, but my great grandfather would kick anyones azz who suggested quebec & canada should be separate entities...

Last edited:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rights of individuals seem to outwieght the best interests of our nation, the blatant examples are numerous....

yes but he is not representing himself but a movement which takes money and resources from the rest of Canada. In addition, this was a "National" debate on a leader and not to promote Quebec's future. Just my 2 cents worth :)

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We need to pick a fight, start a war and ask people to fight for thier country, if your not willing to fight for your freedoms you don't deserve them.
I did not choose military as a career, but I would fight for my country if she asked.... defectors could run to Quebec for harbouring, we can allow them to separate, then invade and take it back....

1/4 of my ansestory is from french speaking quebec, but my great grandfather would kick anyones azz who suggested quebec & canada should be separate entities...

this isn't vietnam, hopefully no tunnels to fight in, but if there is, you would make an excellent member of the rat squad, or tunnel rats!!!!!!! just saying..........

Top Bottom