Lets Talk May Conditions

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
April is over, and there is still snow to be had. so we need to start talkin about MAY conditions. Its raining like a bastard in Edmonton tonight, and the forcast for McBride this weekend is for a beautiful friday, and a garbage saturday. If McBride is getting all this rain, it could make for terrible trail conditions. I'm also wondering what km trucks and trailers are getting to now, we need to decide which rig to bring.

Any comments would be great

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I just home this afternoon from riding Monday and Tuesday in Mcbride. It was a late start Monday and the sun was shining all day till about 5pm and then the weather started to turn and by around 7pm it started to rain. Wednesday was socked in and raining in town but still made our way up Dore. Snowing up top with about 2" or 3" of new wet heavy snow till about the 7200 ft elevation mark and playing in the trees and creek runs was good. The sun did finally come out around 2 or 3 and found 1' - 1 1/2' fresh powder higher up on the glacier. I guess for spring riding the trail was good but still rough and big moguls especially in the corners. Wednesday morning was still socked in up at higher elevations and you could see the snow line had dropped down, the trees on the slopes south of town had the fresh snow but looked like very little on the north slopes. It's a piss poor excuse but this morning I was still feeling tired and lazy so didn't venture up for a half day ride. Instead wasted the morning away chatting with Barry and Judy.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This morning we woke to +3 and overcast. The snow line on the mountains is 3/4 of the way down. Thinking there is going to be good snow up top, will post tonite as we have some guys riding Renshaw today and staying for the week. 4 place enclosed parked just over the bridge, but would bring a 2 place open for more options. Trail in good shape for this time of the year, too early to do the quad thing. If going up to the Dore Glacier use the Castle Creek road as it is in very good shape, but bring extra fuel, long ride in.

high mark

Reaction score
Hello BB toys. I was wondering if you could pass on an update of what the weather and snow conditions are like in Mcbride. My dad and I are thinking of coming up on saturday for one last ride. Any information that you have would be greatly appreciated. We were thinking of going to the Renshaw. Thanks for your time. Wes.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This am is +10 and sunshine, looking like rain and snow mix with some sun in there some place. Sunny on Sunday. Lots of snow up top in the back and unload still is over the bridge, some are going as far as 5.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I could do that...check the latest fighting between summitric and myself...he is a zoo animal...lol...
Have a great and safe trip. Take some photos for those of us stranded in the other world that doesn't include sledding this weekend.

Cheerz.

You don't want my job bunnyman. I'm a fulltime babysitter for a bunch of rejected zoo animals. Have you ever tried to stop a monkey from having a sh!t fight with the gorilas.......messy job.....long week.....need snow.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I could do that...check the latest fighting between summitric and myself...he is a zoo animal...lol...
Have a great and safe trip. Take some photos for those of us stranded in the other world that doesn't include sledding this weekend.

Cheerz.

HEY..... I'M NOT THE DWEAZEL WITH THE EARS AND THE SKIRT.... BAHAHAHAHA :alol2::alol2::ha_ha::alol2::alol2:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up renshaw on my quad, drove to 9. Trucks are unloading at 5, no place to turn around with trailers. Report from the guys coming down was the snow up top is great. Have not been up myself so info is second hand.

high mark

Reaction score
Thanks for all your weather reports BB toys. The ride on saturday was awsesome! Nice meeting you on the way out. Hope everything works out allright for next year going into the renshaw. Keep up the good work, hope to run int you next winter again. Wes.

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Powder Hound and I were up Renshaw on Saturday too, we took advantage of great spring conditions to get into a couple areas we have never been before. We put 90 miles on by 1pm, it was a great day.

We came across all the trucks at km5 on the way out, looked like they spent a long time turning those enclosed trailers around on the trail. Seemed like a lot of work to avoid a couple of km of dirt road.

Had a good chat with Barry on the way back down, he was doing some maintenance on the road around km 1, out there digging trenches with a shovel to get the water off the road!! This guy puts a lot of effort into making sure we can just show up on Friday and ride these mountains, BIG BIG thank you to Barry and the others who make it great for us.

At the risk of starting some gossip, I am VERY curious to hear about the outcome of Barry's meetings with the logging company that owns the renshaw road, I know we all hope it works out.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"We came across all the trucks at km5 on the way out, looked like they spent a long time turning those enclosed trailers around on the trail. Seemed like a lot of work to avoid a couple of km of dirt road."

I was up at km5 first truck in the row I had just unloaded and turned around when all the other trucks came up, I tried to park out of the way and got stuck. We all had a talk about depart times and everyone down hill said leave it on the trail. I saw the 4 place come around the corner and said they were screwed I started up the trail and forgot something in the truck in the time it took to come back they had it around :clap2:

Thanks again to the Black GMC for the pull out

And a big thanks to the groomer!!!! I sure missed it this time up

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope this works sorry for the bad pics there from my phone first is km5 Sat Rensaw other three were Lucelle Sun

Attachments

• Image108.jpg
    Image108.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 112
  • Image109.jpg
    Image109.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Image111.jpg
    Image111.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 125
  • Image113.jpg
    Image113.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 113

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had an awesome day sunday, didn't see anyone where we were, weather was excellent. A few pics of the gang.

Attachments

• 100_1928.jpg
    100_1928.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 100_1929.jpg
    100_1929.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 100_1932.jpg
    100_1932.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 100_1933.jpg
    100_1933.jpg