LED Light bar theft prevention

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Falls on deaf ears.....my friend is a refrigeration mechanic in GP, was working on a roof top air conditioner and a ****ty old chrysler car rolls into parking lot and pops the trunk. Plumb full of light bars obviously stolen. My bud calls the cops explains the deal and the policeman questions him how do you know they are stolen did you see it? Do you have proof etc?
They were not even interested in taking the license plate number of the car and checking into it. Mean while welders and the like are showing up one after another with cash $100 bills just a flying around. What has this world become?
i

id walk right into GP's main off speak to someone in charge... find out why if nothing was done.. if so lay a complain against member... he will learn... yes you can't prove they are stolen but someone could/should id this guy... this was the same scam happening all over the coast when car sterio's were big to steal... yes cops would come out never bust the guy... a few months later they broke a big group doing this... said info about guys selling in parking lots is what got it started...

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone try a glock sticker on their truck or the like. How about "get caught get shot" sticker.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i

id walk right into GP's main off speak to someone in charge... find out why if nothing was done.. if so lay a complain against member... he will learn... yes you can't prove they are stolen but someone could/should id this guy... this was the same scam happening all over the coast when car sterio's were big to steal... yes cops would come out never bust the guy... a few months later they broke a big group doing this... said info about guys selling in parking lots is what got it started...
The more people that call the more they will listen. Numbers speak volumes. I have reported each of mine that has been stolen and even followed up once, yes it sucks that you get told this that and the other thing, none of which are positive or what you wanna hear, but it's the point. The same guy owns 5 hotels in GP. I was enough of a nuisance that he now has a guy driving through his parking lots completing random checks and is a presence. It's better than nothing......

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Falls on deaf ears.....my friend is a refrigeration mechanic in GP, was working on a roof top air conditioner and a ****ty old chrysler car rolls into parking lot and pops the trunk. Plumb full of light bars obviously stolen. My bud calls the cops explains the deal and the policeman questions him how do you know they are stolen did you see it? Do you have proof etc?
They were not even interested in taking the license plate number of the car and checking into it. Mean while welders and the like are showing up one after another with cash $100 bills just a flying around. What has this world become?

If you were a cop, would you care. Everyone blames the police but it isnt their fault at all. Can you imagine starting out your career as a police officer, thinking your gonna do wonders.
As fast as you arrest criminals they get released on a technicality or for what ever reason. Cant afford to keep non serious offenders in jail, cost to much to prosecute etc. After a while the new officer sees hes wasting his time and no longer cares.

The police are not to blame, the broken system is. Comes down to who makes the rules. Who you are voting for.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you were a cop, would you care. Everyone blames the police but it isnt their fault at all. Can you imagine starting out your career as a police officer, thinking your gonna do wonders.
As fast as you arrest criminals they get released on a technicality or for what ever reason. Cant afford to keep non serious offenders in jail, cost to much to prosecute etc. After a while the new officer sees hes wasting his time and no longer cares.

The police are not to blame, the broken system is. Comes down to who makes the rules. Who you are voting for.

Well thats all good and fine I completely agree the system has flaws. I am sure the RCMP are understaffed and demoralized but who isn't these days? If you as an employee/officer want to wallow in pity and feel sorry for yourself then so be it but I don't want to work with you.

I just went through a company/transition buyout, previously had the world by the tail not so much now... I pouted for a while then got over it. I realized that if I did not want to stay there is lots of jobs out there. I guess what I am trying to say is there is too many people that stay in a job that they hate because they feel that they are obligated. If an officer has lost the passion he/she should move on. Do not poison the system even worse.

We all have our ****ty days no doubt but life is too short to wake up and hate going to work.

Please don't take this as an unsympathetic rant towards the cops because it is not. What we need in society is people with integrity to step and do their jobs to the best of the their ability regardless of the obstacles plain and simple... grocery boy or CEO. Go home and hang your hat high and call it a day.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well thats all good and fine I completely agree the system has flaws. I am sure the RCMP are understaffed and demoralized but who isn't these days? If you as an employee/officer want to wallow in pity and feel sorry for yourself then so be it but I don't want to work with you.

I just went through a company/transition buyout, previously had the world by the tail not so much now... I pouted for a while then got over it. I realized that if I did not want to stay there is lots of jobs out there. I guess what I am trying to say is there is too many people that stay in a job that they hate because they feel that they are obligated. If an officer has lost the passion he/she should move on. Do not poison the system even worse.

We all have our ****ty days no doubt but life is too short to wake up and hate going to work.

Please don't take this as an unsympathetic rant towards the cops because it is not. What we need in society is people with integrity to step and do their jobs to the best of the their ability regardless of the obstacles plain and simple... grocery boy or CEO. Go home and hang your hat high and call it a day.

wow very well put... i have a few buddies who are cops... they understand its not their job to fry the bad guys its just to get em there... if you talk to a cop seriously they will tell you the paper work is the overburden part... they will tell you long gone are the days of patrols they simply take calls and write em up... time we vote for someone who will starte de criminalizing certain things and legislate them... cops are paid too much imhop to sit around and type legal bs while bad guys run amuke... i want my 100k per year cop on the streets hitting the beat!

DV8ED Digger

Reaction score
Resurrecting and old thread.

A buddy of mine has designed some anti-theft mounting brackets for your LED light bars. Hopefully I am not breaking rules by posting the links here. The video is here and the website is here https://www.yena.ca/

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry but those are not going to stop a theft. With all the cordless power tools around someone can have those cut and be out of their in less than 20 seconds. Then they just go to ebay and buy a cheap set of brackets

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the best thing to happen for light bar theft is the advent of the cheap chinc crap. Just put a made in china sticker on you light bar, then they are only worth 20 bucks out of the trunk.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots people buying them EVEN those that have a hate on for welders. Got to suck though when you buy a HOT one, then end up having the turds stealing it back or is there a code amongst the crews that it can only be lifted once.Lol

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow very well put... i have a few buddies who are cops... they understand its not their job to fry the bad guys its just to get em there... if you talk to a cop seriously they will tell you the paper work is the overburden part... they will tell you long gone are the days of patrols they simply take calls and write em up... time we vote for someone who will starte de criminalizing certain things and legislate them... cops are paid too much imhop to sit around and type legal bs while bad guys run amuke... i want my 100k per year cop on the streets hitting the beat!
100K a year? The ones you see responding to calls every day are only making half that much. Staff Sargent in the RCMP maybe. But he isn't out fighting crime every day.

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy had one stolen, apparently the pot metal brackets will snap if you give them a quick jerk. So for his next one he siliconed razor blades into the heat sinks on the backside said he walked out one morning and looked like someone learned a lesson.

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Razor blades are u frigging kidding me? What happens if someone's kid was playing with it when it was parked someware. If my girl got all cut up by something like that a missing light bar would be the least of their problem!!!!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Razor blades are u frigging kidding me? What happens if someone's kid was playing with it when it was parked someware. If my girl got all cut up by something like that a missing light bar would be the least of their problem!!!!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I agree 100% I do not condone just pointing out what some extremes people are turning to.

Top Bottom