Learned a new technique to get unstuck

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For years I have been teaching people how to get sleds unstuck with the wedge maneuver. This technique involves laying on your back and wedging yourself under the front of the sled and pushing up on the bumper with your legs. Once your knees are locked you drop one leg and push snow under the track to hold up the sled. Then move in farther and repeat. This repeated action results with the sled being pushed straight up in the air and it is easier to roll out of the stuck. Or if you decide you can pull the nose back down and the rear will pop up. Your sled will now also be sitting on a nice packed layer for traction. It is much easier than trying to lift the sled at the rear. Now I finally learned there is even an easier way to turn the sled back downhill. With the track spinning it comes right around. Here is the video of me doing it on my 174.

https://specifiedtechnicalsales-my....1Krp7AB0lqivwBP94SZJAM0yaZfJ5yDisdzQ?e=PuuJZP

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wont work that way with the cat cause you will bend the tunnel
but i like ur style

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For years I have been teaching people how to get sleds unstuck with the wedge maneuver. This technique involves laying on your back and wedging yourself under the front of the sled and pushing up on the bumper with your legs. Once your knees are locked you drop one leg and push snow under the track to hold up the sled. Then move in farther and repeat. This repeated action results with the sled being pushed straight up in the air and it is easier to roll out of the stuck. Or if you decide you can pull the nose back down and the rear will pop up. Your sled will now also be sitting on a nice packed layer for traction. It is much easier than trying to lift the sled at the rear. Now I finally learned there is even an easier way to turn the sled back downhill. With the track spinning it comes right around. Here is the video of me doing it on my 174.

https://specifiedtechnicalsales-my....1Krp7AB0lqivwBP94SZJAM0yaZfJ5yDisdzQ?e=PuuJZP
And here all this time it was called the Wedge maneuver after your last name! Ha ha! Nice work...

banditpowdercoat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Done that for many years. But then my knees went retarded. Had surgery. NOPE, can't do now.

banditpowdercoat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is a stupid easy way for sure. I've done may time. and still can truthfully, but cant take the deep bends most can. I rode MX to hard in my youth I guess LOL

Top Bottom