Laptops

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And their customer service is abysmal, Google Dell sucks and read away. I'll never own another Dell product.

2.5 yrs old isn't very old, can it not be brought back to life?

2.5 years is middle aged with tech.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2.5 years is middle aged with tech.

Stuff lasts a long time, and a few years doesn't change much. My desktop is over 13 years old with only a few hardware changes. Laptops gotta be 5 years old, only replaced old one because battery was shot and was too temperamental to keep plugged in.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
And their customer service is abysmal, Google Dell sucks and read away. I'll never own another Dell product.

2.5 yrs old isn't very old, can it not be brought back to life?

Its a short in the system, and it pauses all the time and freezes, its done the pausing and freezing since new, I should of returned it then, Its a ASUS. I wont by them again, or HP as they have too much crap loaded in them and you take some away they wont work either, LG = Life's Garbage. I had a Lenovo with my old employer and they were decent. I'll grab that one tomorrow and let you know after its all set up. Just wanted to see what others see out there.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since being social distanced from our friends, we have been holding video conference game nights. There are several different units we are video conferencing with. In order of more suck to less:
Chromebook (wont even sign in, vid conference not supported)
Asus laptop
Samsung tablet
Samsung phones
Dell laptop (wifes work unit, customized for vid conferencing from home)
Microsoft Surface (2 in our group)
The surfaces are by far the most user friendly units for this type of stuff, but also the most expensive. My wifes Dell is right up there, but it was custom built for this type of stuff.
Our home Asus is not a bad unit. It has a touch screen, but I never remember to use it, even though I do most of my surfing on my tablet, I never remember the pc has the same functionality.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as they have too much crap loaded in them and you take some away they wont work either

This is a good point about "crapware" that comes preloaded from the box stores. I bought my last PC from Memory Express specifically to avoid additional crapware.

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Ron, in the field I use the Panisonic toughbook. The Dell latitude is also good for portability. At home I still have my 10 year old Sony Vaio that still runs great!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I ended up purchasing the Lenovo at Memory Express on the west end, I did It all through email so far, they were great on getting back to me and I doubled the memory for another $99 and they will have it installed and tested by Wednesday afternoon 3:00 for pickup. It was total $1339.99 all in, I just noticed the sale on those ends today.

Lenovo
ThinkPad E15 w/ Core™ i5-10210U, 8GB, 256GB NVMe SSD, 15.6in Full HD, Windows 10 Pro

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX80032

Last edited:

4mcntrls

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have been running Lenovo for 3 years at work. Switched form Dell. The have been great with no issues.

Top Bottom