Land Use Canada

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Is it not wide enough that the snowmobiles can use one half and quads use the other half? I would certainly try to work out an amicable agreement to both parties. ESPECIALLY if you have to live there.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it not wide enough that the snowmobiles can use one half and quads use the other half? I would certainly try to work out an amicable agreement to both parties. ESPECIALLY if you have to live there.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

I don't live there this is the problem... im 10 hours away... the road is plenty wide but everytime i show up its groomed right down the middle... keep in mind this area doesn't get a lot of snow 2-3 feet max... i pulled in december 1st to cut my firewood for the year... and what fist sled tracks on about 12 inches of packed snow... i thought about chaining up and giving it but i didn't... cuase i am never normally up there this late... this year with work situation i had the time... i went into town and asked around and was warned by non sledder at the local service station not to touch it or else... i was so mad... i almost went out and bought a sled lol... but my marriage ment more so now i have this problem... i can't seem to drop my anger about it... problem is the cabin on the other side of the lake rent out to people who are up there to fish and sled and most of them don't even care about private property... they think they own the place... as a fellow rider ( dirtbike, atv and sxs family) this is what screws us up... we can't even get along let alone unit as a nation group to save our trails

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you get the time to chat with the county STN, I hear you on the work you have done to get the trail in there as well as your good nabour that are in the same area.

If folks have threaten you about vandalizem to your property, then they would be going to far. Maybe its time that you put up a privet property sign and gate to block uses from access, the plow your section on your lane-way out...

Getting flustered only adds issues to you and it would be nice/ only human to address those that don't see it as your access to and from your cabin...

A question I ask my self when road blocks stand in front of the person is,,, what action can I make for both groups so a reasonable path can be found too problem solve a way forward. One for you, and one for others...

Talk too county/ MD to see where they stand, if no action comes of it, then stop in at the local news center to publish a story for all to read in the news, and report the chat you had with the county/ MD folks.

The toughest thing for us is dealing with humans, and it consumes much of our time. These vandals are pushing your buttons too make you act, so an action too to have a talk with the rcmp . I'll send you a PM on the happenings that went down North West of Rocky Mt House with some invaders that ended up with jail time.

Pal Don

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you get the time to chat with the county STN, I hear you on the work you have done to get the trail in there as well as your good nabour that are in the same area.

If folks have threaten you about vandalizem to your property, then they would be going to far. Maybe its time that you put up a privet property sign and gate to block uses from access, the plow your section on your lane-way out...

Getting flustered only adds issues to you and it would be nice/ only human to address those that don't see it as your access to and from your cabin...

A question I ask my self when road blocks stand in front of the person is,,, what action can I make for both groups so a reasonable path can be found too problem solve a way forward. One for you, and one for others...

Talk too county/ MD to see where they stand, if no action comes of it, then stop in at the local news center to publish a story for all to read in the news, and report the chat you had with the county/ MD folks.

The toughest thing for us is dealing with humans, and it consumes much of our time. These vandals are pushing your buttons too make you act, so an action too to have a talk with the rcmp . I'll send you a PM on the happenings that went down North West of Rocky Mt House with some invaders that ended up with jail time.

Pal Don

thanks for the time...it's not like i haven't tried... i contacted the snowmobile group that has the area signed... they said they don't do that on road ways and that it must be the rental cabin guys... our part of the road is fenced and signed...but i have 8km of un maintained logging road to get to the closest gravel road... my cabin has already been shot at (can't say i blame the sledder but it did happen over the winter) our private property signs have been ripped down. I once told the land lords of the rental cabins to remind their guest my land is out of bounds... its moose winter range and i don't like them disturbed... i know that sounds crazy but we have about 400 acres of willows and old growth forest the only left in the area... family cabin since 1969 that is when my problems started... they even had my land ribboned to mark their trails.. .f*****s its not in the mtn's so im not dealing with big time sledders... just bear drinking new years eve type crowd...

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes to up hill battle STN, and it puts us too the challenge of finding new ways to addressing issues that arise.

Just like holding OHV lands we have, lost, and none gained over the last few years... Battle forth would be an on-going task at enlarging a group of like-minded folks with common goals... Finding lobbing groups would be tough to find in todays age here in Canada, and the commitment of a never-ending road of end-less issues that would challenge even the best of the best.

2 steps back, sometimes 2 steps ahead to show that we would of gained no footing at times. I can see that Gull Lake atv closer will be under way this spring in the county of Lacombe to banned them from the lake according to the news paper. There is no OHV group here with voice/ input, so it will be easy for the powers to be to pass this amendment.

Had the sled and quad folks teamed up, we could of challenged some of the issues that are soon to come forward along the eastern slopes, but there is little that can be done along its full length from 49th to 60th. Each section is broken into 5 or 6 zones if not more to make it complicated to see whats going on in each of them...

I seen the Big Horn Recreation Trails in the Humming Bird from when it was wide open to present day closers, and the 2 trails at the Big Horn dam close the North Ram river access a few years back, as well as 3 short spur routes. "one at the old trapes cabin is no atv access last year."

Like I said, we jump on board with group, or slowly watch it fade way year by year. I'll throw this out there, but the day will come when we will all be boxed into small ohv zones, and much of it has already started... What do other folks see in 10 or 20 years from now in Canada or their own Province ?

Pal Lem

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to see what it will be like just travel to the states. Many states have OHV use restricted to pay per use designated areas. Yes pay for use !!

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mini fee for trail passes for the 1 year green sticker since I just returned from a 1 year ride to 36 USA states.

Locals have been buying the stickers since they are there all the time, and they do not bother out-siders since we are there on a short stint. The rangers I visited with never even asked about the sticker since they want to know more about my travels across all of Canada and East coast USA.

Ride the quad areas as there will be no problem from Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Idaho, Montana and so on.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yuppers to Cochrane as Red Deer River Alliance had theirs this winter that I attended. No mention of OHV's yet.

I'm just waiting to see the new County of Lacombe OHV policy that is coming out, It "sounds" like they might give us some gravel road use "maybe," but the Gull Lake recreational use might be coming to an end since the cross-country ski trails got packed down 2 times by OHV's, and the locals are not taking this lightly since they put many months into fixing them up.

Sad that 2 riders on OHV's did this.

At least I can ride crown lands out West for now. Lots around our farm and nabours that we know as well. Lucky for that part.

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep Ontario changedcthere ohv rules for the better and so should we.
I think an exhaust db rating shoukd be enforced because the single cylinders r annoyingly loud.

Would be so nice to just be able to ride in town to get gas/food etc then get out and back on the trail.

Top Bottom