laid a good buddy of mine to rest, now i can talk

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This past June laid to rest a good riding buddy of mine while sledding with modman & shawnmcgr:(. I'm finally able to talk about the loss, but being positive, I'll just say had a lot of fun times together, attended a lot of events, some big crashes, lots of stucks and helping buddies out, and oh yes was given the finger lots on the trail when he was mistaken as ozone, but most people appolized later for the mistake. And over the last 4 or 5 years all he really suffered was a few broken teeth and some damage around the 1 eye, but fixed that okay. But with all the weather elements and boondocking thru the trees, the chin took much of the brute damage. So on that note, I say good bye to my all time favorite helmet:d and it's now time to move on. And to all that ran across him on the trails hope he brought at least a chuckle, smile or even a head shake.:d And if you want to share a story or photo to help with the pain, it would be appreciated.

Now to find a new helmet any suggestions?

Attachments

• DCP02901.jpg
    DCP02901.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a fun day with this one ......... buddy would ride 3 or 4 slow circles around a group of sledders on the hill , and just stare at them . then he would ride away real slow, never saying a word. as we sat back behind some trees or a hill and LOL. later we would sit in a lounge and listen to peeps saying things like , hey did you see the guy with the mask today and we would laugh more . cheap fun .

Attachments

• REVOLSTOKE 07 MAY 135.jpg
    REVOLSTOKE 07 MAY 135.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 28
  • REVOLSTOKE 07 MAY 138.jpg
    REVOLSTOKE 07 MAY 138.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 28

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lay that jacket to rest to.

BoulderSatMar1105083.jpg

LMFAO!!!!! that is funny PP!!! He's even on the Bond-mobile!!!! (for anyone not in the know - that sled threadkiller is riding is the sled that was used in the James Bond movie)!! Look at the decal on the panel - recognize it???

PP that shot is priceless!!! Two thumbs up for ya!!!!:d:d:d:d:d

threadkiller - RIP to your old friend.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pp, i actually had that jacket fixed so if i go ice-fishing and fall asleep on da ice, i wouldn't get run over by a sled. :dlol . and yea, that james bond sled was a hoot to ride, and who says you can't ride a 1" x 121" at boulder,frisby, eagles pass, owl's head, queest, and blue lake, and a little bit of flatlanding in the crowsnest. ;):beer:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
R.I.P. FUNNY HELMET...... HOPE IT'S DAYS WERE PLEASANT, AND NOW DOOIN' MEGA DROPS IN THE HEAVENS......:(

THERE, FEEL BETTER?:beer:;):beer: WHAT KINDA HELMET YA GONNA GET NOW?:eek: ANOTHER SKIN FOR IT TOO?:beer:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice puff I am sure there must be more,,,,

I am worried about what the new one is going to look like... bahahaha

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahhh the james bond sled. Well a couple of summers ago, i had one of my customers stop by to snoop around the shop for some sled parts, and he has his buddy with him (hope he's nothing reading this), who also has bought stuff off me over the years. anyhow he just finishing having a double amputation at the knees. so i him sit in one of the chairs in the showroom and asked what sled dvd he wanted why he waited for his buddy to find the sled parts he needed. after awhile he asks me if the james bond had electric start (yes), did it have reverse (yes). then he asks me what i wanted for it, throw him a price and ask why he wants to buy it, and he then says well if i can pull myself up on to to the sled and it has electric start and reverse he could still ride, and with the bi azz rev seats they had then it would be more stable plus having the wide front end. so he throws a price back at me, and being that i seen his will to ride i said sure okay. gives me a deposit, and asks if i can hold it for a month, i say sure, well 6 weeks go by, and i call to see if he changed his mind, and he says he was having a problem with infections from his knee operations. i then volunteered to run the sled up to red deer for free. well, now here's the choker part, drive up to his house he gives me the keys to move his truck while he opens the garage up. this die-hard sledder had his garage floor covered in cardboard, he then transfers himself from his house wheelchair to his garage wheelchair which he had rigged out with little trays to hold his tools and small parts. i then drag in the james bond sled in his garage so he can around it to clean it or what ever, and now ready for this, he still had space to wheel around a, i think it was a old 76 or 77 srx yamaha race sled he was restoring. needless to say i was impressed and kudos to him for plugging along with the sport he loves regardless of health. And if the owner is reading this hope you enjoyed the sled and yes i will still buy it back. and that's the story. thanks.

Top Bottom