Ladybird (Trying to find this place & always strike out)

schwindt

Reaction score
I have been putting some decent miles on at Ladybird and Norn's and for the life of me after many times pounding trees all day, exploring I cannot find this area of the mountain. Anyone know where this is shot? If you do not want to let information go in forum please pm me. My old 2010 can't take to much more of my exploring methods! L:)

sledding the norns feb 21 2010 - YouTube

schwindt

Reaction score
I am coming back out that way for Christmas be there from 22 to the 30th, and i am determined to get there however my riding partners are not around until the 27 th anyone want to take a rip?

Kootenaycat you holding out on me brother? Hahahaha such is the way in the kootenays

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am coming back out that way for Christmas be there from 22 to the 30th, and i am determined to get there however my riding partners are not around until the 27 th anyone want to take a rip?

Kootenaycat you holding out on me brother? Hahahaha such is the way in the kootenays

Actually I've never been to that spot either. Pretty sure I know where it is and I'm not risking myself or my sled to get into it ha ha! If its where I think it is the trip in involves up and down avy chutes over a couple of ridges.

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mmm.... thought maybe at 3:36 on the clip right side, that was the top of Airy Mtn if it is?? Check the sun and shadows probably figure it out from there.... keep in mind the top of Airy Mtn is about 8400' so say -2000' + at this location. Ya can be some nasty climbing out the chutes this time of year ... ahh..... ya Boost!

Bunch of us will be around the Salmo area haven’t made a plan yet, Boxing Day is laid back Gold Range ride might check out Marble Lk towards the weekend haven’t been up in awhile not sure if the trail on the back side up through the trees is broke yet from Granite CK, Kev you know if it is or I should say was.... holey snow all mighty:)

Dave

schwindt

Reaction score
Keep pounding out the trees I guess! Is there reciprocity at all for the beaver valley to castlegar snowmobile clubs?

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
next range past russle? there is some bad climbs out of the back side of russle also. lots of guys wont go there untill later in the season-there is one creek that you have to climb up that has large rocks that if its not filled in it can be a real fight even for boosted sleds-

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
might check out Marble Lk towards the weekend haven’t been up in awhile not sure if the trail on the back side up through the trees is broke yet from Granite CK, Kev you know if it is or I should say was.... holey snow all mighty:)

Dave

Not sure, haven't heard of anyone riding the bombi or Erie yet. We made an attempt couple months back on the quads, they've done fresh logging along the old road into Marble, just before the old clearcuts, old trail still heads in the same once you come through the trees just before their new blocks.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure, haven't heard of anyone riding the bombi or Erie yet. We made an attempt couple months back on the quads, they've done fresh logging along the old road into Marble, just before the old clearcuts, old trail still heads in the same once you come through the trees just before their new blocks.

My old man went up Bombi the other day, said it was lacking snow big time. They did about 10 kms and turned around.

Top Bottom