Lac Ste Anne County goverment

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MOST IMPORTANT. County has not been supportive of snowmobiling and the trail system in the last 3 years. Closing 2 portions of our trail with out mutual consent which is against the agreement we have with them. The meeting is Friday Jan 17 at 9:00 in Sangudo at county office to address the concerns. We need you, your friends to attend. If 3 of us go they think this is not important. We need 50 supporters of the trail system there.

We are having a tough time with county bull**** they keep picking apart the trail system we won't have one .So iam asking if anyone has free time on Friday come and join the fight, the trail system they picking apart is Alberta Beach trail system. Unfortunately this seam to happen more and more across Alberta

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: county goverment

MOST IMPORTANT. County has not been supportive of snowmobiling and the trail system in the last 3 years. Closing 2 portions of our trail with out mutual consent which is against the agreement we have with them. The meeting is Friday Jan 17 at 9:00 in Sangudo at county office to address the concerns. We need you, your friends to attend. If 3 of us go they think this is not important. We need 50 supporters of the trail system there.

We are having a tough time with county bull**** they keep picking apart the trail system we won't have one .So iam asking if anyone has free time on Friday come and join the fight, the trail system they picking apart is Alberta Beach trail system. Unfortunately this seam to happen more and more across Alberta

I wish you the best at the meeting and wish I could be there too. I am from woodland bay where one of the closed portions is. I spent the last few weeks getting a petition signed to keep it open. I gave it to the club this morning. The little trail that goes along our neighbor hood is super important. I have signatures from almost everyone in the hood to have it reopened. I would hope till then that sledders go slow down our road to the lake and not rip like a few did last weekend. The amount of sled traffic was impressive but un welcomed by my neighbors. I can't believe that little trail from 633 to the lake was closed. It's only used 90 days a year and until now the amount of traffic on that trail was hidden In behind the houses. Please sledders when you ride past homes and farms. Slow down and be quiet around others. We aren't impressing anyone with speed or noise. Also I can't believe how many sleds that ride locally have loud cans. As a sledder its even annoying me when groups of 20 loud sleds rip past my house on the lake. Cans should be illegal to sell IMO. But that's another issue. As of 2 yrs ago my quads. Sleds. Side by side have no pipes. Time to get with the times!! Now I can ditch bang and not be heard.

Last edited:

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the help maybe we can work together to make more better for everybody even a regulate lower speed for that area

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Chris from the ASA will be there spreading the message. This is important to attend. Just show up and show your support

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I live in this county and have had my share of grief with certain members on the council. If I'd known a bit sooner I would be there...unfortunately I'm in Edmonton all day tomorrow. If it helps I can email our council member Wayne Borle and let him know my views. It seems to mostly be a farmer issue from what I've heard, so the way I see it...I'll put up with them driving farm equipment on the roads if they don't mine me riding my sled in the ditch and down certain gravel roads.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'm attending and presenting mine and Duncan's findings from our day surveying residence in woodland bay.

Kohn outright lied to residents stating that "The AB Beach Snowmobile club has decided to close this portion of trail and create a new route along hwy 633"

I'm not expecting any additional cooperation from counsel so long as Kohn is a member..... if he had his way ski-doo, cat, polaris & Yamaha would cease production of snowmobiles all together.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
We need a minimum of 50 supporters however being a Friday morning in Sangudo that's almost impossible. If counsel were willing to come meet in AB Beach on a Saturday afternoon we could fill the agriplex.... the time and location is self serving for counsel in all dealings except issues impacting farmers....

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If work changes will try to attend. Should of really been arranged for an evening.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a call to night they the County threatened to close the doors on us if we show up with a large group of people all they want is a small group to represent Alberta Beach sled club so we will see what happens i just hope they make the right decision

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't live out at the beach anymore but when we did we enjoyed the trails. It was one of the best things about living out in that area. It would be a shame to have this shut down by counsel.

Good luck guys.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Only allowing 4 members in...I'm hoping Drew is one of those 4, I've been told not to bother making the drive.

On the lac Ste.Anne county website there are email addresses listed for all councillors.

If you live in the county and pay taxes please let yourself be known to this council, I know some residents have already personally contacted Kohn and that may be one of the reasons for the closed door session they fear this issue may actually have legs.

I'd like to see the business leaders who benefit from the trail system stand up and be heard, Darwell store, Ecko Marine, AB Beach merchants, ect.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Good luck.... Sounds like another strathcona county fiasco.... Ours was basically wrecked by one council member and the rest "followed" his lead. Strength is in numbers.... Can you force a plebiscite on the issue?

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't SNOMO DAYS one of the biggest economic drivers for the community? If there are limited trails and a generally unfavorable attitude towards us, we will go somewhere else. Why go where me and my money are unwanted?
Contrary to what this guy may think, we do spend money in the communities we visit. The first SNOMO DAYS we went to was probably $500.00 that went directly to the club and community. The Whitecourt rally is an minimum $1000.00 fuel, food and lodging plus the entrance fees for the 2 days for my family.
Maybe someone should put him on a sled during the rally and get him hooked? Turn him into an ally instead.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
this is in regards to a short section of trail that was closed due to one very BIG MOUTHED resident.

He spoke loud and got heard, and changes were made.

As of right now this isn't about the whole trail being closed, just about the county being fair.

Believe it or not, from our understandings this gentlemen (term used loosely) is a Snowmobiler, and an ATV rider.......

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is in regards to a short section of trail that was closed due to one very BIG MOUTHED resident.

As of right now this isn't about the whole trail being closed, just about the county being fair.

Believe it or not, from our understandings this gentlemen (term used loosely) is a Snowmobiler, and an ATV rider.......

I stand corrected, some of the previous posters made it sound like a councilman on a crusade. Maybe the homeowner will come around and common sence will prevail! Good luck.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Was this guy at one time long ago involved with the ASA?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
One of our counsel members is a crusader, so him and the loud mouth resident feed off one another.

I'm told the meeting went well and that our presentation was well received. Local snowmobilers have been bombarding county administration with complaints over the trail closure and the admin staff wants the issue solved. Counsel is reviewing the situation and will get back to us on their decision.

I stand corrected, some of the previous posters made it sound like a councilman on a crusade. Maybe the homeowner will come around and common sence will prevail! Good luck.

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found in the past that issues with the county can sometimes be resolved thru and "open house" meeting to bring all the affected parties together in one room...including council members.
It involves a bunch of work to get the word out but has been effective in the past.

Top Bottom