kootenay pass

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds Good Boys I Am Going To Make A Trip Out There This Year, Feel Like Showing Me Around. I Am A Agressive Rider So I Won't Slow You Down.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds Good Boys I Am Going To Make A Trip Out There This Year, Feel Like Showing Me Around. I Am A Agressive Rider So I Won't Slow You Down.

Dan, the Krazy Canadian is the guy to show you around. If you're an aggressive rider, try keeping up with him! :D

Reaction score
Just moved to the castlegar, dont really know anyone. Was wondering if anyone would like to show me around a bit? I work in the oil patch so there is a lot of free time to go riding

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're just jealous because we have mountains! :d

LOL, I'm from Castlegar. Parents, sister and niece and nephew and most of my family (grandparents, aunts, uncles etc) still live in Trail and Castlegar. Come back a couple times a year in the winter for week at a time and ride the old stomping grounds (and get my fix of the Colander) :D.

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
Sleddingpictures014.jpg

Sleddingpictures010.jpg

Trail BC down in the valley

ShawnsChutefromTS3.jpg

Devils hole, Kootenay Pass,, pulled all those chutes already..

RussellLake13.jpg

Norns, north of Castlegar

ThechuteupMackie.jpg

Near Rossland BC

feb10028.jpg

10 min to the unload from Rossland BC

april24120.jpg

45 min from home, I'm here

april24112.jpg

Trail BC down there

TheBowl.jpg

Norns, near Castlegar

DevilsHole-1.jpg

Devils hole, kootenay pas

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleddingpictures014.jpg

Sleddingpictures010.jpg

Trail BC down in the valley

ShawnsChutefromTS3.jpg

Devils hole, Kootenay Pass,, pulled all those chutes already..

RussellLake13.jpg

Norns, north of Castlegar

ThechuteupMackie.jpg

Near Rossland BC

feb10028.jpg

10 min to the unload from Rossland BC

april24120.jpg

45 min from home, I'm here

april24112.jpg

Trail BC down there

TheBowl.jpg

Norns, near Castlegar

DevilsHole-1.jpg

Devils hole, kootenay pas

Dan...what's the snow like over in the West Kootenays so far this year? It doesn't look like the East Kootenays have much yet...
We're trying to figure out what will be the best best for the X-mas holidays!!
I heard that the Kootenay Pass has a fair amount already?

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
Nope Kootenay Pass has no snow yet, neither does the Norns,, The south west Kootenays has 3 inches at 5000 feet, maybe 1 to 2 feet at 7000 feet,, really slow start down here...

Reaction score
And by the way not really hard riding I am mostly a flat land rider any where around there with some nice trails and good bowls!! My husband is a experanced mountain rider me just ferine and radium a couple of times but lord do I love to ride

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone know any areas around salmo and nelson want to go home for christmas and want to go riding with my husband. Hows the snow??????:beer:

Lots of great areas to ride, just waiting for snow. Guys were up Norns on Sunday, 3' of powder but no base, hitting rocks and stumps everywhere. Hopefully by Xmas we should have some more snow coming in.

Nelson has some good riding up Giveout for both beginner and advanced and grooms their trails I believe. Salmo has no club but incredible riding for advanced riders, from what I've heard Beaver Valley Snowmobile Association has an agreement with the Nature Conservancy (Darkwoods area) up Porcupine but no grooming and it's pretty steep up there. Best bet is to give Aaron or one of the guys at Mainjet motorsports (Nelson) a call, or Jim at Playmor Power Products (South Slocan). They should be able to tell you more about the club areas.

Top Bottom