Kootenay Pass Area

braapin

Reaction score
Me and a buddy are coming up from Sandpoint to ride the Kootenay Pass area on Saturday. Our guide bailed on us, so I Was wondering if anybody has any suggestions on where to ride, (The closer to Creston the shorter the drive) how the snow conditions have been, or if anybody would mind us guys from the states tagging along?

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Entering via Creston side head up the hill checkout Jordan's /Char look for trucks and tracks, If your pulling a big trailer with (Team Thunderstruck written all over it) have fun parking! Most stage areas off the Hwy are only deck friendly! LOL...:d On the Salmo side most hook up for breakfast at the Dragon Fly in town make a ride plan from there!
have a good one!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode across from the cabin on Jan 4th, snow was good, Heather lake I think it was called, sign showed motorized vehicles allowed so we were happy. Cat we borrowed died and had to cut the day short. Sucks. Carefull near the summit, some is closed for caribou.

braapin

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the info. I looked up the Caribou Closures on the snowmobile clubs website - You guys have to deal with the same BS that we do south of the Border in the Selkirks. Is that Jordan's/Char Road a Forest Service Road or Trailhead? Definitely not pulling a big trailer with Thunderstruck on the side of it. We don't have $30,000 Yami Turbos. We just have Sled Decks with PROS on the back.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the info. I looked up the Caribou Closures on the snowmobile clubs website - You guys have to deal with the same BS that we do south of the Border in the Selkirks. Is that Jordan's/Char Road a Forest Service Road or Trailhead? Definitely not pulling a big trailer with Thunderstruck on the side of it. We don't have $30,000 Yami Turbos. We just have Sled Decks with PROS on the back.

If you are looking for some peeps on the Creston side I can see if some of my buds can take you out. Char would probably be your best bet. Give the President of the Kokanee Country Snowmobile club, a pm. Deaner on here. He may be able to help out too.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can pm me as well I live in alberta now but love riding koot pass I know a few good spots and always down for riding with new people

Top Bottom