Kodiak Tires

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just trying to find out the biggest size of tires I can go on a 450 kodiak without losing to much power and still beable to turn with out any issues? I like the swamplites, or maybe the mudlites.

freerider5

Reaction score
Id go with a 26", it will be a good in the mud but not overly big for speed. The Mud lite tires are awsome.

ian_daddylonglegs

Reaction score
my GRIZZLY 450 is the same size as a kodiak and same power.with my 26" inch ams swamp foxes fit fine but its top is 50 mph with the ams swamp foxes but my budys 450 tops out at 60 with the stock tires

Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not getting to many firm answers,I was hoping someone would throw you a few ideas that have been tested and true.I have a 450 Kodiac with stock tires and was thinking of upgrading.Looks like mudlites are the way to go,I have tested them on my Prowler and they work as good as any tire.
catmando!

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RE tires

Mudlites are definatley the way to go for trailing, or mudding. I run 27" on my bike, 25" on the wifees, luv 'em. Just a good all around good tire thats not too pricey. My .02.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It sounds like to me that 26inch mudlites are the way to go. Now I just have to pass the question on to the real decision maker....lol:D

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put 26" mud lites on my new Kawi 650, the guy talked me out of 589's, he said they were a great mudding tire but was seeing a lot of broken cv joints and busted diffs due to the weight of the tires. Mud lites seemed to be the best of both worlds.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ran mudlites and they were the worst cleaning tire ive ever ran. possibly just my own experience but we took them off and replaced them with 589's on that machine and it was 100% better.

bt650i

Reaction score
I run swamp lites, they seem to be a real good all around tire, clean well and not choppy on the trail.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run swamp lites, they seem to be a real good all around tire, clean well and not choppy on the trail.

I just got a set of Swamp lites as well and there great! I gave them there first real test last night, and man they sure throw the mud....wicked!

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
It comes down to money, with lots of money you can go any size you want. BUT they all come with consequences lift kits to clear big tires, breaking axles, clutch kits, ripping off fenders everything comes with a price.
I would go 26" w/o clutch kit 27" w/clutch kit. I have 26's on my grizz and when it's locked in the mud it bogs without a kit, but better than breaking axles. With 27's at full flex it will rub the bottom corner of the fender and running board and has the potenial of ripping it off.
As for top speed on a utility how often do you get there? "myself" it's all for clearance on the trail and through the mud if I need top speed I'll buy a sport quad and give up the mud......but thats what sledding is for

Top Bottom