kodiak identification ???

kodiakkid

Reaction score
hi all , thank's for checking out my post . i'm new to this site and new to the atv world . i recently purchased what i THAUGHT was a 350cc big bear, it turn's out the more i look into the bike it seem's to be a kodiak it has the two round light's centered in the front and the range selecter H/L/R mounted on the left front fender . so i'm going out on a limb here and saying that i believe the bike is a kodiak . i have the number's off the identification sticker from the frame . is there anyone that can break these number's down for me so i know what i have so i can start getting some part's . thank's again for checking out my post . any help would be greatly appriceated

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
First off. What year is it? Both machines had High and low range.

The big bear was a 350 cc and Kodak was a 400cc
If you call a dealer with the vin off the frame it will tell you all the info

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
GOT THIS OFF GOOGLE: The Kodiak has automatic transmission, the Big Bear has automatic clutch 5-speed transmission. Both have excellent suspension .....

HOPE THAT HELPED, BUT YOU COULD CALL THE YAMMY DEALER AND THEY CAN DECODE THE SERIAL # AND GET YOU ALL THE INFO YOU NEED

kodiakkid

Reaction score
My bike is dated 3-97, dealer wont tell me anything they just say bring it in and we'll take a look at it. I have the vin an serial # if anyone can help me i would appriceate it. I'll post the vin as soon as i can . Also my bike has the 5 speed but apears to have the same body as the kodiaks round headlights not the square ones.

Last edited:

kodiakkid

Reaction score
Ok thr numbers on the bire are as follows

3-97
Jy44vmwo
3w4099044

These numbers are on the frame sticker. Im not sure which ones the vin. As i had to get the numbers from my farher as i am not in the province at the moment and wont be for at least another month.

kodiakkid

Reaction score
Sweet man thanks very much ! Ill get in touch with him and see where that gets me. Thanks again

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I had a 97 kodiak before my grizzly..another way to tell them apart i think ,,(besides decals ) is there a oil cooler fan behind the oil cooler?i tend to think only the kodiak had the fan,but not 100% sure... And the cc is different and will be stamped on the side of the motor somewhere,,,kodiak was 397cc and big bear was 348cc.Both look allmost identical

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
one strange thing is....if you bought this quad,,didnt you get a bill of sale stating what brand and model it is?

Top Bottom