knock sensor

yaya

Reaction score
does any one know if a person could go to your auto parts dealer like NAPA etc and pick up a knock sensor for the AC 800 ? Dealerships are asking $300 which seems alittle steep. It should be a bosch product !!! Hoping it might be cheaper and in stock!

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been told the sensor from a Duramax is the same. It has been on one of the forums before i can remember which one

Fast6seccamaro

Reaction score
Yup, duramax sensor for the pipe temp sensor. Mine has been deleted since new with the reisistor. I dont think anyone has figured out the det sensor in the head yet, not to many problems with them that ive heard.

yaya

Reaction score
thanks guys! It is the sensor in the head. Knock sensor cant remember the part number. Cat wants $300 but heard from someone that the part number is the same as a GM sensor . Hope someone here has done one or can point me in the right direction. My pipe sensor is fine and think the knock sensor burnt out with the Av gas i was running .

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
thanks guys! It is the sensor in the head. Knock sensor cant remember the part number. Cat wants $300 but heard from someone that the part number is the same as a GM sensor . Hope someone here has done one or can point me in the right direction. My pipe sensor is fine and think the knock sensor burnt out with the Av gas i was running .
Knock sensor is just screwed in to the head not into the cylinder right? From memory it looks like the 5.3l knock sensors are pretty similar. If I would've kept my old ones I could've showed you. Here's a picture of a 5.3l knock sensor, if the thread pattern is the same just buy a pigtail if the connection at the top is different.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    27.5 KB · Views: 170

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Did some research on the knock sensor, turns out thr resistance should be 3300-4500 ohms on the GM one, if someone can check their knock sensor resistance on their m8, just unplug it from the connection set your boy meter to ohms, put one end on the terminal the other on the head away from the sensor.

Top Bottom