knee braces and sledding

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Went down to Riverside Honda. Picked up a pair of Mobius X8's
Kept them on for a while in the store. Feel alright. Also bought a couple pairs of brace socks. I guess they are a silky thigh high sock goes between you and Brace.
Try it out Tomorrow when I go quadding.

I'm that goofy In-between size.
Size large fits 21" to 23"
Extra Large is 23" to I think 25"
They didn't have any XL to try. And I'm 23". So went with the Large and see what happens. They were tight with the 5mil pads. Swapped out to 2.5mils and they felt much better

Price on those?

I was just at Karl Hagar for the quick video of my knee today.
Your right, they are costly.
Waiting on approval for coverage....But only 1.
Should be wearing two

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$799.99 + tax for the pair

20221028_200058.jpg
20221028_200600.jpg

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can put the brace right on your skin, can pinch though. But any knee brace sock made for motocross is ideal. Can get socks in different thicknesses as well. I have a thin base layer and have started putting the braces over that but find they tend to move a bit more throughout the day then with a sock. There are companies that make a knee brace sleeve if you are wanting a thicker pair of socks.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saxx long underwear. Gotta keep the boys safe when I ride out of control lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could not find any of those in town. I did find wind river long underwear in the same material.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I got to actually try the mobius X8 braces.
1st day. They hurt. They were uncomfortable.
2nd day. Starting to feel a little more comfortable.
3rd day. I wore my EVS TP199 knee/shin pads. And even tho those were much more comfortable and allowed for more movement, everytime my knee buckled or twisted. I damn near cried.

Day 4. Back to the mobius brace.
I wear the FOX nylon thigh highs under them. I find the back of my knees are sore from where the strap is.

On the moguls on the "groomed" trail. Neither the mobius or the EVS seemed to help. That was straight up painfull. Had to go slower.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm that seems strange, mine were comfortable right from the get go. You sure you have the right size and adjusted correctly? I also have the evs tp199 knee/shin pads and those are obviously more comfortable but not the same protection and support.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm that seems strange, mine were comfortable right from the get go. You sure you have the right size and adjusted correctly? I also have the evs tp199 knee/shin pads and those are obviously more comfortable but not the same protection and support.
I might have to try with adjustments. Size wise. I could fit either size.
Think small to medium was 21 to 23
Large to xl was 23 to 25.

I'm 23.
Wearing a small to medium

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, my benefits covered the mobius, This is going to be a new experience wearing this riding, it will take some time to get used.

Reactions: RXN

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, my benefits covered the mobius, This is going to be a new experience wearing this riding, it will take some time to get used.

Nice. I expected mine to be covered. Was kinda shocked to find out they weren't.

I've worn them for a total of 5 ride days. And they are becoming more comfortable.
Kind of depends on my bakers cyst. Sometimes the #2 strap is pushing against it. And that's not fun.

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the protection. Hate the mobility. I’ve done 3 rides on my mobius braces and they are not as comfortable as I’d like them to be. I also tried to ways of putting them on. One time standing and one time seated as I feel they sit differently on my knee

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get braces. That’s all I can say now. Was out riding and had a slow motion accident trailing into silent. I can’t believe how stupid it was. Lost balance over a whoop and fell off the machine. Next thing was in a tree looking at my leg/knee beside me in excruciating pain. Once outta there got back to Cochrane and went to urgent care. Looks like my mcl is stretched/ torn. Now waiting for ultra sound. Hindsight’s 20/20 I guess. Anyway the guys with the mobius braces will they help support this injury do you know. Hoping to get back on machine for February and want the support because I doubt it will be healed by then and don’t want to wreck the season. Aswell anywhere in Calgary that deal these braces. Thx.

• Wow
Reactions: RXN

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the mobius, I dont feel like they are a hindrance, and they a quite comfortable. Make sure you bend your knee at hit the brace to seat it properly, before you tighten up the straps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats everyone using for body armor that not hot or uncomfortable to wear?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom