Knee and Shin pads

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love mine. They stay in place all day and breath well too.

I use the Travis Pastrana EVS TP199.
https://www.evs-sports.com/products/tp-199-knee-pad.

I do feel them when I wear them. But my knees feel soo much better at the end of each ride

I ended up going with these as the dealer I was at today had them.

I wonder if these ones might be better though.

https://shop.ion-products.com/en-gb/ionbike_protection_men/knee/k-pact-select-47900--5904

Same price point but there are just straps rather than slidding your whole leg into something. Because of the blood thinners I am on even my skin doesnt hold up great if something is rubbing all day against it. The EVS ones feel ok, it is the first time I have ever worn pads like this though, maybe they will stay put already.

With the ions though I could put them on over my "long john" layer I figure that might be better as far as fit. I dunno maybe Im wrong there.

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have yet to see them in person, but the new 509 knee/shin guards look pretty sweet, sort of look like the HMK ones I have with the 3DO stuff, really like those

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear the EVS over my first layer or even second layer in the cold days. they don't move around after you dress as its designed to be a supporting brace as well as a protective pad....

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ended up going with these as the dealer I was at today had them.

I wonder if these ones might be better though.

https://shop.ion-products.com/en-gb/ionbike_protection_men/knee/k-pact-select-47900--5904

Same price point but there are just straps rather than slidding your whole leg into something. Because of the blood thinners I am on even my skin doesnt hold up great if something is rubbing all day against it. The EVS ones feel ok, it is the first time I have ever worn pads like this though, maybe they will stay put already.

With the ions though I could put them on over my "long john" layer I figure that might be better as far as fit. I dunno maybe Im wrong there.

Those ION ones look real nice... doesn’t look like they ship to Canada...? Do you know of a local shop that would handle them?

Also looks like the EVS TP199 are currently only available in youth size...? What dealer stocks these?

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got mine at Argyll in Edmonton. Any moto shop that sells EVS should stock, they're pretty popular on the bikes

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those ION ones look real nice... doesn’t look like they ship to Canada...? Do you know of a local shop that would handle them?

Also looks like the EVS TP199 are currently only available in youth size...? What dealer stocks these?

Riverside in St Albert had at least 2 more pairs of Large/X Large. thats where I bought mine. I wasnt able to find a supplier for the Ion ons in Canada so I am gonna stick with the EVS ones

Top Bottom