Klim prices going up?

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was getting christmas idea's for myself and was looking at the new Klim gear and thought holly crap its getting expensive. Even the sales guy says its going up lots. I have all Klim but it's getting a bit old. The togwotee bibs are now just under 700 bucks. I realize its great products but is it getting too pricey for the average guy?

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe they are taking advantage of Motorfist crapping the bed in regards to Canadian distribution.

These high end sled gear companies have a pretty well executed price fixing collusion.

Black Friday is this week. Do you have any friends in the States? Even if you don't, on an order that big it'll be worth it to have it shipped up from a US store.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can’t say anything bad about Klim. I had my suit replaced twice on warranty over 10 years. And sold the last suit for $700. Went with a FXR onesie for $450. Buddy bought the 4 way stretch FXR suit for around $600. Klim is great but they better look at what the competitors are doing.

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They can keep there chit if they think they can keep going up and up, yes some will buy but still lots options out their. Don't need to change all the time stuff looks the same anyways, lol

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its too bad, I would like to give Klim a chance again but at $1200-1400 for pants and bibs with a discount its too much of a gamble.

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looked at the new Klim gear last week.. Quality looks awesome, material is durable, stitching looks good, wear spots in the right places and i couldn't believe how light it was - the jacket hardly weighed anything.. Pay a little more but at least you know what your getting..
I spent over $1000 on that gear from Golden, BC to support local, spent the season wet, fabric and stitches finally fell apart after half a season, warrantied and got thru the rest of the season with a few trips to the seamstress in between to put it back together and it wasn't much cheaper then the Klim stuff that lasts 3-5 seasons..
Went with a TOBE onesie - cost a $1000 and it works awesome.. Really like it and it's been super durable.. Should get a few more season out of it..

I like FXR cause there from MB, the colours and all the logos turned me off of it - FXR billboard riding around..

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim has been the standard in the industry for years and years but with the store I am at not selling it I decided to try the Doo Helium 30 jacket and pants and honestly they have worked just as good as the Klim. Way cheaper as well. Haven't had to try for warranty yet so will see what happens if that time comes? Klim defiantly has great warranty.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been a Klim diehard for years. Great product and warranty but the prices are getting out of hand. My sons were fortunate enough to be sponsored by Tobe this year. The gear is awesome. We will see how durable it is after this season but I’m not too worried just by looking at it.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a klim coat and helmet. They have been great so far but I expected that with the price I paid. So many other brands now with good technology. A guy is smart to shop around I think.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys should try to buy Klim motorcycle gear. X2 maybe more then price of sledding gear.
A Klim riding jacket will set you back about $1300.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow and I am whinning about the sled gear pricing.
You guys should try to buy Klim motorcycle gear. X2 maybe more then price of sledding gear.
A Klim riding jacket will set you back about $1300.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a good option is Scott riding gear, i have the older Reima tech, bought in 2000 and still going strong. water proof, warm and no plazing look at me logo chit. :twocents:

been swimming in the ram river, quartz creek and swimming and fishing in silent pass. the water wicks out, inner layer was dry and i didn't get cold. although we got back before the temps started to drop.

just an option. and yes i will buy them again.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim makes a good product, maybe the price increase is due to the dollar??
I have a doo helium 30 coat and it half the weight of my klim coat, there are very nice alternatives out there.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the klim base layers and klim gloves, seems like the gloves are more money this year though.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had Klim for years and liked it but pricing went too high for me. Went with FXR Mountain line for jacket and bib pants and LOVE it. Works great with lots of features, but you gotta get their Mountain line so as to not get insulation.

Top Bottom