Klim Canada

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Hey guys, I purchased a pair of Towogee bibs in November of 2005 from DCI in McGrath. The guarantee is to keep you dry! I was getting damp in the butt and wet in the knees. Sent them an email to start off the discussion and they simply said, "bring them down and we will pressure test them." They did the pressure test and the material failed or leaked in the butt and in the knees. The young fellow went to the shelf, picked out a new pair, and said, "the warranty on this pair is the same as on the first pair. Guaranteed to keep you dry!"

I was sort of hoping that was the way it would go but one never knows. Great guys to deal with when ordering, or warranty claims. I have bought a lot of gear from them over the years (Towogee bib, two Valdez jackets, 8-9 pairs of gloves and boots) and I am a happy camper.

Here is the web-site and I always check out the specials and the new gear.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not bad, but I like buying stuff that works the first time. My $40 pants haven't failed me after 3 years, dunno wth they are made out of but they just don't get wet water just runs off.

Bought klim boots this year to see what the hype was about, not very impressed. Everyday my feet were really hot or cold :mad: My walmart boots did a lot better job for 1/5 of the price.

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My butt gets wet as well. I should check it out. where did you take them for this test?

hymee

Reaction score
My butt gets wet as well. I should check it out. where did you take them for this test?
I am from Magrath, and know them very well,Awesome peeps,they take good care of you if there ever is a problem.My pants were getting me wet,Vince told me to wash them ,fixed em.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not bad, but I like buying stuff that works the first time. My $40 pants haven't failed me after 3 years, dunno wth they are made out of but they just don't get wet water just runs off.

Bought klim boots this year to see what the hype was about, not very impressed. Everyday my feet were really hot or cold :mad: My walmart boots did a lot better job for 1/5 of the price.

My tog pants are the best pants bar none. Your 40$ pants won't wick and breath in -20 weather when you work up a sweat... like Gore-Tex I can guarantee that.

There is no questioning Klim's quality. PERIOD!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Klim Canada is located in McGrath just south of Lethbridge. It is the western Canada distributorship.

I would think that someone in Edmonton would have a water pressure tester. Check around or got to the Klim Canada website listed above and use the "contact us" button. They will help you out.

With regards to "working right the first time"....my Klim gear did just that! Nov of 2010 will be 5 years with upwards of 2500 kms/year. Gear wears out and for it to be replaced on warranty like Klim has is huge. If the new Towogee's last for 5 years that will be $400 that I spent in 10 years to keep me dry and warm; isn't that like $40/year! Are the $40 pants going to last for 10 years with 2500 kms/year? I wonder.....

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim Canada is located in McGrath just south of Lethbridge. It is the western Canada distributorship.

I would think that someone in Edmonton would have a water pressure tester. Check around or got to the Klim Canada website listed above and use the "contact us" button. They will help you out.

With regards to "working right the first time"....my Klim gear did just that! Nov of 2010 will be 5 years with upwards of 2500 kms/year. Gear wears out and for it to be replaced on warranty like Klim has is huge. If the new Towogee's last for 5 years that will be $400 that I spent in 10 years to keep me dry and warm; isn't that like $40/year! Are the $40 pants going to last for 10 years with 2500 kms/year? I wonder.....

thanks for the info

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am from Magrath, and know them very well,Awesome peeps,they take good care of you if there ever is a problem.My pants were getting me wet,Vince told me to wash them ,fixed em.

I am not sure where or how you ride but I have never found anything that can match gore tex...period..

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are not from Lethbridge area, bring the gear to your local Klim dealer. They will be able to get your gear to the right place! =)

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would on their boots.

Agreed! $250 of the worst spent money possible! Sure they fit and look good, but at -20C my feet were frozen, and -10C my feet were sweating, using the same socks. Never a issue with cheapo walmart boots, the only advantages to the klims they are lighter/less bulky and more waterproof.

And the thing is, i've had my $40 pants for 5 years with no sign of issues, heck i've got 2 pairs they are so good but never need the second pair. They aren't insulated, so I wear helly hansens underneath, never any breathing issues.

Like my jacket is TOBE, it is again another great product. Got two jackets for a little over $200. Not to mention, klims sizing sucks! They got gear if you're huge around the waist but nothing for us tall guys. Wouldn't even consider over $400 for a jacket that doesn't fit 100% perfect. I tried multiple ones one on and they weren't even close to long enough in the arms and the shoulders.

Goretex is good stuff, i've got calebas goretex gloves they are amazing, but still reasonably priced. Only 1 day have they gotten so wet I used my second pair, yet my hands were still toasty warm. Plus at like $40 a pair vs $100 for klim, it sure looks good!

Won't be buying more klim gear that's for sure.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would on their boots.

Never had a problem with mine. I have the radiums.
What kind of socks are you wearing? If you have canadian tire boots, I am betting polyester socks...LOL:cool:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never had a problem with mine. I have the radiums.
What kind of socks are you wearing? If you have canadian tire boots, I am betting polyester socks...LOL:cool:

Nope - heard it direct from about 1/2 dozen peeps that their feet were always wet, first 3 months were OK, then starting getting wet after that. Some peeps like yourself have had great luck, I think you will find that with any product though. Just heard about as much bad as good with the Klim boots so I never ever bought a set because I didn't want to chance it, just bought the FXR Octane's instead and they have been the best boots I have ever owned, only one time feet got wet was because I fell into a creek, water up and over the top of the boot. I've stood in 8" of water with these boots on and never had wet feet. I silicone all my gear once each year, and that's all I do to them.

I have to wear runner's socks (moisture wicking socks) to keep my feet from sweating because the boots are so warm. They are stiffer than most boots and take some getting used to, but now you couldn't get me to switch back.

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Each to their own, and whatever works for one person might not work for someone else. But My Klim gear works great for me and for what I've put it through. It's light, waterproof, and keeps me warm with just my klim jacket, my klim tek vest, and some form of underarmor, something that repells the moisture away from the body, to about -20, and then I may throw on a light sweater. The key is proper layering in which anyone in any winter sportstore will tell you nomatter what the sport you are doing.
My Klim gear is worth the money and it works for when I've needed it most. Like going through the lake in -30 with a huge windchill factor that put it closer to -40 and losing my sled in 12 feet of water. I got soaked to the bone, because it leaked in from every nook and cranny, and once back on the ice, I started to panic because I was about 15 minutes to the closest home that I knew. I was cold at first due to the cold water, but then it iced up, and due to the water insulating my body I was able to ride home on my brothers sled the 30 minutes it took to make it to my house. My brother gave me his dry gloves, which he kept the liners and an extra dry toque and his helmet. I was able to stay half-fast warm with the icing up of my gear and insulation from the water. But once back at my place had a hell of a time, trying to get out of my clothes, which were caked with about an inch of ice down the front of my jacket.
It kept me warm in my case, and works for me, and I won't run with anything else now. Plus my gear is already a few years old and is still holding up like new, even though I ride 40-50 days in the mountains a year, not counting all the miles put on around home.

1 Key point to my story is if you ever get wet, keep the water in your clothes because it will act as an insulation and might make your case a little more comfortable, where another time a buddy dumped the water out of his boots from dropping into the creek and a half hour later he couldn't feel his toes, so he took off his boots and his toes were already blue. Due to everything icing up around his feet, and with no insulation around his toes, and with the length of time could have been a way different outcome. Live and learn and hopefully share our knowledge, so others may know what to do, if they are ever in a similiar situation.

Top Bottom