killed the kitty

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i guess 4 days of riding in a row was too much for kitty. was out with timbo and friends yesterday (awesome day!) when the bolt that holds on the primary busted inside the crank:eek:. now the primary and secondary both have gouges on the sheaves:rant:. so i need to find someone that can drill out the rest of the bolt. who knows if a polaris primary will bolt right? any suggestions on this would be great!

psycoticmudder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buy your self a set of left hand drill bits as you drilling it grabs and unscrews the bolt. make sure you use reverse on drill it works great.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how's the bones today,we didn't work ya too hard did we?

scrapmaster

Reaction score
napa usually has a set of left handed drill bits and easy outs on sale for about $35 i use them all the time work great and seem to b as durable as the more expensive ones from tool guys

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i guess 4 days of riding in a row was too much for kitty. was out with timbo and friends yesterday (awesome day!) when the bolt that holds on the primary busted inside the crank:eek:. now the primary and secondary both have gouges on the sheaves:rant:. so i need to find someone that can drill out the rest of the bolt. who knows if a polaris primary will bolt right? any suggestions on this would be great!

From your description - The broken bolt came out and thrashed your clutch faces or did the whole primary fall off the crank ? Please let us know how the " easy out (left hand drill bit )" method works . Good luck :)

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From your description - The broken bolt came out and thrashed your clutch faces or did the whole primary fall off the crank ? Please let us know how the " easy out (left hand drill bit ) method works . Good luck :)

the whole primary came off and the faces of the primary and secondary hit each other. im hoping to put a polaris primary on now

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes a polairs Primary well fit. Give Elk Island sales a a call in the fort Sask, they well be able to help you out with that.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is the primary. bad quality. used my cell phone

Attachments

• clutch.jpg
    clutch.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 52

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the whole primary came off and the faces of the primary and secondary hit each other. im hoping to put a polaris primary on now

Thank must of made a " CLANK " sound when that happened.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank must of made a " CLANK " sound when that happened.

it was super loud. heard it clear as day with my enclosed snowboblie hemet on. got the engine out last night. its a little more work than my summit!

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it was super loud. heard it clear as day with my enclosed snowboblie hemet on. got the engine out last night. its a little more work than my summit!

blew it up trying to keep up lol:d

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got the broken bolt out and engine is reinstalled and running. will install the clutch tomorrow. have the rear shock out right now. have to get that suspension working. gonna put the springs in this weekend

Top Bottom