Killed 1st mosquito today.....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
All you peeps who are suffering or at least say you are suffering, I killed my first mosquito today!!!

It is interesting that I was in a clients house drinking coffee and the little sucker found me??

Working in construction, being outside most of the time, it is nice that those suckers aren't prevalent at 4300'! It is also nice that the Town drops the pellets that kill the larve into all the water areas within the boundaries.

A great place to live and recreate.....

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i hate you

i also just noticed the top add banner is for mosquito catchers, odd

mines for rugby stuff.... it goes by some of you last google searches,,, or if you use google chrome, any of your past web pages

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:smiliestirthepot:
All you peeps who are suffering or at least say you are suffering, I killed my first mosquito today!!!

It is interesting that I was in a clients house drinking coffee and the little sucker found me??

Working in construction, being outside most of the time, it is nice that those suckers aren't prevalent at 4300'! It is also nice that the Town drops the pellets that kill the larve into all the water areas within the boundaries.

A great place to live and recreate.....

and i supposed you killed it .....you know that it is going to cause some :smiliestirthepot: from tree huggers

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8 million of his cousins are on the way to suck you dry in your sleep
he was just scouting around now you started a war

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I have more stuck to my interior of my truck from swatting them. I think in Edmonton this is the worst ive seen it for a long time. Even getting fuel when there's not much grass it's crazy with the pests. Then stopping at lights there all around the truck. Yesterday I dropped my fifth wheel of in my buddies field and I had to cover up with a thick bed sheet, my head and everything. All I had was a small hole for my eyes and mouth and I was spitting them out. I feel for the horses and other livestock that suffer through this. Doug you can have some down there. I'm sure the bats are loving this.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I won't loose any sleep over it.....I found screens for my windows!!!:d:d:d

and if they get really bad, my days in the north taught me how to use the coils!!
My doggy bear seems to be the way in the house for the little bastards they ride in his fur LOL then inside they target me

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have more stuck to my interior of my truck from swatting them. I think in Edmonton this is the worst ive seen it for a long time. Even getting fuel when there's not much grass it's crazy with the pests. Then stopping at lights there all around the truck. Yesterday I dropped my fifth wheel of in my buddies field and I had to cover up with a thick bed sheet, my head and everything. All I had was a small hole for my eyes and mouth and I was spitting them out. I feel for the horses and other livestock that suffer through this. Doug you can have some down there. I'm sure the bats are loving this.

I feel for you Ron.....but suck it up and don't be a woose! Mosquitoes have always been a problem in Edmonton. Even when I lived there in the 80's they were terrible.

They like the CO2; we used to stop on the highway in the NWT years ago and you could see the swarms of them coming to the vehicle. Just time to pee, jump into the truck and then kill a 1000 of the little suckers...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
My doggy bear seems to be the way in the house for the little bastards they ride in his fur LOL then inside they target me

Get those mosquito coils going....may not be healthy but they sure doo kill the little suckers.

When we lived in the NWT, we had to burn them 24/7 in the 70's from mid June until into August. Couldn't wait for the first frost......

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wierd everyone says they are so bad. was out at a buddies place shooting targets withthe kids Saturday, blasted off about 50 rounds, kids said skeeteres too bad and left a let off anothe 50 or so riounds then had a nap on the hill beside the beaver damn. no repelllant at all , only got one bite on my elbow. :d
for some reason they do not seem to bother me this year. see big clouds of them but they know better than to mess with me. buggers.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wierd everyone says they are so bad. was out at a buddies place shooting targets withthe kids Saturday, blasted off about 50 rounds, kids said skeeteres too bad and left a let off anothe 50 or so riounds then had a nap on the hill beside the beaver damn. no repelllant at all , only got one bite on my elbow. :d
for some reason they do not seem to bother me this year. see big clouds of them but they know better than to mess with me. buggers.

It's been said that they don't bother old grumpy guys. :d

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They seem to have shown up overnight in Kimberley, went for a bikeride in the nature park and damn if I didn't spend half my time climbing while swatting bugs

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been said that they don't bother old grumpy guys. :d

grrrrrr :rant::realmad::mad::nono: what you talking about there boy?
who you callin old.:d:beer:
and GRUMPY

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be happy! At least you don't have to worry about skeeters!
:d

Top Bottom