Kill switch and tether

Catman13

Reaction score
2013 m800. Kill switch and tether no longer work. Took apart electrical plug where tether ties in and found nothing. Only way to shut off sled is with the key. Any suggestions?

Catman13

Reaction score
Yup. I think it's those ****ty little plugs you replace in the harness to install the kill switch. Have to take apart again and maybe jump across the plug with a separate plug for that circuit.

Ewaschuk

Reaction score
Never had an issue with the pins after putting a tether in. Maybe that harness got mangled when switching pins for the tether?

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 13 did the same thing last year. i unplugged tether cleaned and let dry out in the garage for a couple days put it all back together and has worked great this season so far. Im pretty sure it just needed to dry out. Good luck

Catman13

Reaction score
Just got finished inspecting the plug. Bent the kill switch pins slightly and reinstalled. Everything is working so far. Will have to wait till I've been driving for a while.

powder dreams

Reaction score
mines been doing the same thing but i havent had time to take it apart yet. i figure its just a crappy connection to. just sucks having to pull the sled rate apart to get at it.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mines been doing the same thing but i havent had time to take it apart yet. i figure its just a crappy connection to. just sucks having to pull the sled rate apart to get at it.

Mine was doin the exact same thing. pulled the plug from the tether apart and the side of the connection closest to where the tether hooks on the knob on the sled had some play where the wires go into that half. put it back together and ziptied the connection and it is working correctly now.

AC4life

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the pro armour tether? I have been reading about and heard about lots of ppl having issues with the cat set up. I'm wondering whether its worth it to spend a bit more cash and go with the pro armour set up.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have the Pro Armor on my '16 and it's been great so far. I went with the OFT plug and play version

AC4life

Reaction score
Right on, thanks guys! Gonna order mine from OFT today and get it installed on days off. Looks like a fairly easy install. Where did you guys mount it? Im thinking brake side handle bar just inside of the hand/thumb warmer control?

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on, thanks guys! Gonna order mine from OFT today and get it installed on days off. Looks like a fairly easy install. Where did you guys mount it? Im thinking brake side handle bar just inside of the hand/thumb warmer control?
Yea pretty easy. You'll need to move the fuel tank to get to the plug. Can mount it to the steering post if you don't have adjustable steering

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom