kids sled

polar sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey i had one , how old is your child , if he or she is about 60 plus lbs you might wanna get some thing else my son out grew it in one year , as well it sucked when we went to the hills we always waited for him , so i sold it , i picked up a ski doo 300 freestyle for him . and that is perfect he can keep up , and have fun with the rest of us , just my 2 cents worth

theslam19_98

Reaction score
sorry dont know where to get used, seen them new here in red deer, but i was woundering do you guys think a 3 year old is ok on one of these? just to kick it with dad on the lake .

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got 3 of em. None for sale yet unfortunately and they are already spoken for when I do get rid of them.

Great machines for the little dudes to rip around the acreage or farm but I would never take them out to trail ride. I have the governers bypassed on all machines, a must, and a few other tricks to get them to perform better. If you get one let me kow... I can give you a few valuable tips so the little guy will enjoy it more. Good luck.

Attachments

• 2006_11140132.JPG
    2006_11140132.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 47

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a Z120 eight years ago for my 3 year old for Christmas and it was hands down "the" best sled I have ever bought! I could ride it and tow 5 kids on toboggans around the farm yard, it goes and goes with virtually no maintenance, and my two boys 8 and 12 still ride the thing like crazy over jumps etc. at the lake.

I took my son at 3 trail riding in the mountains at Golden and tied a 100' mountain rope to his front ski and to the bumper of my 670. I rode in front giving him a few feet of slack but whenever he started to near the side of the wide trail I just gave him some gas, tightened the rope and he straightened right out. On the second day I turned him loose in a big meadow where he tried his first "side hilling" with two feet on one running board - in the flats!

He's developed a true love for sledding and some great skills so he now rides with me and my buddies on a Nytro. We have the best talks on the 5 hour ride to Revy and a lot of fun on the hill.

Good luck finding a used one and I hope you have as much fun as we do!

RevBlk

Reaction score
Hey Scotty, I have a 120 for my 6 year old daughter. I bypassed the govener is there anything else I can tweek for more HP sauce?

I bought my little guys an 01 Mini-Z when they were 6 & 4 years old. The next year I bypassed the governor & geared it up. You have to change the clutch & drill out the rivets on one floorboard/stirrup to swap out the driven gear. Bit of a pain but worth the $300. Top end went from 5mph to 16mph. Problem was my lads were so heavy I wound up buying them a Z370 Cat. It was only about $1000 more than a new 120. I kept the Mini-Z for my nieces. Probably the best investment I ever made. My 11 yr old just graduated to a 550 Mtn sled. All 3 Cat/Poo/Doo run a Honda 4 stroke. You will not go wrong except that it will be costly as your kids will want to move up just like all of us.
Good Luck
Rev

powderpusher

Reaction score
Check out the kijiji site you can pick up brand new 180cc snow leopards on there for around $1980.00 and the sleds look great and will last them a few more years because they can handle a bigger rider than the 120,s

M

mattmedic

Check out the kijiji site you can pick up brand new 180cc snow leopards on there for around $1980.00 and the sleds look great and will last them a few more years because they can handle a bigger rider than the 120,s
where in kijiji was this , can you post a link to it ....thanks

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Scotty, I have a 120 for my 6 year old daughter. I bypassed the govener is there anything else I can tweek for more HP sauce?

There are alot of after market parts for the 120's out there, depends what you want to spend? I have chosen to keep things simple (cheap!) by making the stock machine as efficient as possible with few after market parts. As mentioned above you can start playing with the driven sproket and clutch and chain etc. I have added the rail wheels to reduce friction on the track, alloy chain tensioners to reduce the nasty chain slop (and eliminate the dreaded chain comin off all the time, Cat stock chain tensioners are a joke to say the least), correctly adjusted throttle cable (makes a difference beleive it or not).

If you want... check out Recreational Motorsports. They have been great to deal with. Lots of goodies if you want to go crazy!

yugoboss

Reaction score
1 and 1/2 years old and riding a polaris 50 cc quad, someone
should report him to the authorities.

powderpusher

Reaction score
Sorry I give you the wrong site they are in the buynsell but you can log into Home and click on atvs and snowmobiles tey are on the bottom of page they have two different machines they have the snow fox which in my opinion is a peice of crap as i had one and the snow leopard which we purchased for the grand kids which seems to be a good little machine .you may even contact the dealer at 780-893-3034

bluestone

Reaction score
have a couple poo 120's , they are built really well.
put the crankshop kit on both : governor tie off
sprocket
chain
tensioner
pipe
sounds cool and really motors along now,
can pull 2 gt snoracers each , just don't expect
to go in to deep snow , wish someone would
develop a long track conversion for them?

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have a couple poo 120's , they are built really well.
put the crankshop kit on both : governor tie off
sprocket
chain
tensioner
pipe
sounds cool and really motors along now,
can pull 2 gt snoracers each , just don't expect
to go in to deep snow , wish someone would
develop a long track conversion for them
?

A long track would suck all the power out of these poor little machines :) With the little bit of power they make, even after the mods, a little bit deeper lug track would be easier to spin than a longer track :)

Top Bottom