Kids Quads

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son has outgrown his 50cc no-name quad. When we were out last week-end he was telling me he was going to ask Santa for a new quad. Well Santa has to start looking now. He is eight years old and weighs about 90lbs. He rides my 400 by himself (yes I know this is bad). But what size would a person recommend for these younger kids? I know the 110cc no-names are about the same size, just a little more power. Does Cat or Honda make something more suited to them or are there 90's bigger in size? Thanks for the help, Mark :d

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My daughter is 9 she rides a raptor 80,great machine and takes a good beatin.shaft drive and very reliable.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
My daughter rides a yamaha breeze 125, awesome machine when I swamped mine the day before the S&M rally at Outwest I ended up riding the breeze for the saturday rally (daughter wasn't with us, I'm not mean). I'm 160lbs and that thing climbed all the hills, crossed the river, ran the skeg and anytime I did get a little stuck it's light enough that you can get off and push yourself out on the throttle. Does about 65km/h top speed, automatic with reverse.....Hell I want to get one for me to bomb around on. The stock rear tires have been replaced with wider ones on ours for added stability.....

Last hill of the rally was too steep (down) for the brakes to have any effect so I bailed, that thing rolled over 3 times, bent bars, busted headlight and I drove it back to the campsite with no issues. so my reccomendation is the breeze, ours is a 93 but they are the same machine from 1988-2004 or something like that.

Ian

Last edited:

bullfrog123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My kids have been riding our 94' Polaris 250cc 2-smoker for couple yrs now (11 and 13 yr old girls). It is very nice to have the added size for stability, but is still not too big that they couldn't reach the running boards and bars without standing up. Good little machine and is light enuff to throw around and unstuck yourself. Plus I did put on a throttle limiting screw in the block till they learned how to use throttle/brakes/steering safely;);)

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with Bogger, the Breeze is an awesome machine. Very reliable but the brakes need to be set up on a regular basis. I've never seen a Breeze with a 3sp tranny though. To my knowledge they were all fully auto.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I have to agree with Bogger, the Breeze is an awesome machine. Very reliable but the brakes need to be set up on a regular basis. I've never seen a Breeze with a 3sp tranny though. To my knowledge they were all fully auto.

Sorry my bad......fully auto...

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: dear santa re- Kids Quads

My son has outgrown his 50cc no-name quad. When we were out last week-end he was telling me he was going to ask Santa for a new quad. Well Santa has to start looking now. He is eight years old and weighs about 90lbs. He rides my 400 by himself (yes I know this is bad). But what size would a person recommend for these younger kids? I know the 110cc no-names are about the same size, just a little more power. Does Cat or Honda make something more suited to them or are there 90's bigger in size? Thanks for the help, Mark :d

arctic cat has a couple choices for you, they have a 150 and a 250 both auto we have a couple of each in stock check out the website it has pricing and links to the manufacture for all the specs and pics...any color you want long as its red. Call (780) 826-6121 for T & T Power Sports Ltd in Bonnyville Alberta Canada - authorized arctic cat dealer, arctic cat atv, arctic cat all terrain vehicles, arctic cat four wheeler, arctic cat 4 wheeler, arctic cat repairs, arctic cat sales and servi

also the breeze is bullet proof it has been updated to a grizzly 125 auto, same reliablility, new plastic..they are a bit pricey compared to the cat 250 and 150,s plus you can govern all the units down to a crawl which i am sure you have done to the 400 when jr rides it right... hope this helps you and mrs, claus out, hows rudolf....? lol
if you have any questions let me know thanks

Terry
:d

Last edited:

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
My kids ride a honda trx 90. Virtually indestructable. Chain driven 4 speed with auto clutch. Very stable, I've seen them do some pretty stupid stuff and it stays planted to the ground. the next step up for honda is the trx250 which is shaft driven 5 speed with manual/auto clutching, Which might be a bit to big for now. depends on what u are looking in for a quad, Go the racing route or utility. Unfortunatly there is a big gap in size from about the 90cc to the 250cc range.

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i have a 2006 polaris sawtooth 300 cc auto 2wd for $1800 , reason so cheap is it will not stay in foward gear. PM me if you would like some pics . not sure the cost of fixing .. my kids are to big for it know

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:d:dThanks T&T. The boy and I were down at our local overpriced dealer yesterday. He sat on the cat 90 which is somewhat bigger than the no name 50-90's. he also sat o the 150 which he liked alot. He would really like it in green. I can see this is going to be an expensive year. I need a new truck and he wants a new quad. Am going to check with Mrs Claus in law and maybe all chip in and see what we can do for the season. Was that a total price plus tax? Thanks Mark. I also got my tires and rim yesterday, rim is perfect tires are a little more aggressive than I thought they would be but for the price they are also perfect. Thanks again Mark. :d

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Yamaha 125 Grizzly. My son rode it from age 8-10. We ride mostly in the foothills and mountains and believe me for a little 2 wheel drive it goes up some gnarly terrain. It also floats very well over wet stuff because it is light weight. Hubby did put some larger tires on the back to give it a little more clearance. Auto and looks like utility machine. Probably put about 4000kms on it in the 3 years that he had it.

monster sledder

Reaction score
The can am ds 90x is a good quad my son is 10 and he can ride it hard, piggy back shocks, disk brakes and a wider stance he can catch about 2' of air and not bottom out.

carter.c

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
honda trx 90 i rode mine forever they are indestructible, i drowned, rolled, jumped, catwalked, crashed that quad. I had it through the mud in rocky, all through the dunes in hinton and it hauled both me and my dad back to camp when he drowned his quad and we had to go back and get help. handed it down to my little cousin, got the valves readjusted and it still runs great:)

Byron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mmm i think a thunder cat 1000 will do the jobLOL jkjk
maybe a honda 250?

Blu du

Reaction score
i'am in the same boat boy is 8 and has a 50 suzuki. that grizz 125 looks good but they will out grow that real fast. i think the 250 yamaha is what i will get him. he will be able to ride that alot longer until he can buy his own. LOL also been think about the rzr 170 but i'am not a pol fan

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My daughter outgrew her 50 raptor a couple of years ago so I bought her the honda trx 90 . That bike is awesome !! I put a procircuit pipe & cdi box on it . The bike can really go . This year I out 3" wheel spacers with itp rims & tires . I would recomend the wheel spacers for any kids quads . They are only about $100.00 & worth every penny . She can straddle the ruts like I do and no problems on side hills . Hope this helps .:d:d

grizzly se

Reaction score
Arcticdog , check midwest canada.com. I bought a 110 3 speed and the 150 auto for my boys. Theyr'e around the 1800-2300 mark, but I am very impressed with them both:beer:

h20bugs

Reaction score
Where did you get the spacers? We have a Polaris Predator would like some front spacers if we could find?

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up the spacers at red deer powersports but I thinnk u can order them anywear close to u . I would go to the polaris dealer first.:)

Top Bottom