kept going into reverse

Kailem

Reaction score
was headed up to brandywine and my 15 m8000 kept going into reverse. I realize its gotta be shorting out, took the handlebar kill switch reverse module apart, there was a bit of moisture on the little connectors in there, blew em out the best i could looked dry and it didnt fix it, looked at the ecu and unplugged the two big plugs, they were dry. Didnt fix it. The weird part is that I disconnected the reverse switch at the handlebar and that still didnt fix it. After kinda doing all of this twice and having it parked at home it has stopped going into reverse at low idle, Ill put some electrical grease on the handlebar plugs this week and taker out next weekend I guess, what would you guys do?

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen that happen before. There is a plug on the left side that can get wet and cause that

tyman212

Reaction score
Had this happen to me twice. First time I thought it was the switch. But after swapping it with a diff sled. And trying it unplugged. Still kept doing it. Was told it was moisture in the ecu plug. Pulled out dried it and put abit of dielectric on it. Worked fine until this year, same thing. So I pulled it in the parking lot last trip and loaded it up with dielectric grease and its been working fine since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kailem

Reaction score
did you just load the handle bar switch connectors with dielectric the second time? or in the parking lot did you pull your exhaust to load up the ecu plugs with grease as well?

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say turn the skis around and pin it.... be a trend setter. Look what happened with motorcycles. Lol it would be like a mullet. Business in the front and party in the rear

Top Bottom