Ken Block RIP

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is part of the reason I’ve been hesitant to get into utilizing radios heavily. Been riding since the late 90s before they were a thing and still prefer 2-3 man groups riding within visual range at all times. I feel the radios probably let people get a bit comfortable just peeling off by themselves, or using large groups. Things like these don’t happen too often but if your buddies are within a few hundred yards of you it will certainly help

the new sleds are literally purpose built to flip over backwards now. this is more real than ever. A radio always helps but like mentioned buddy system or eyes on everyone in the group at all times. if you haven't heard from someone in a few minutes you better be looking for them rather than f***cking off like everything is cool.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you haven't heard from someone in a few minutes you better be looking for them rather than f***cking off like everything is cool.
This is huge.

Also, ensuring where you are riding is accessible to others in your group.

A friend of a friend got mousetrapped and died when the 20.5 turbo's came out. Everyone in the group could see him, but it took the next best rider multiple attempts to reach him, and it was too late by then.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Racers edge suspension isnt a bad plan if you want to do some steep stuff.

Amount of crazy chit that guy has done in a car, and got taken out snowmobiling...

I say it all time, but ya not the safest hobby around.

Reactions: RJP

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Racers edge suspension isnt a bad plan if you want to do some steep stuff.

Amount of crazy chit that guy has done in a car, and got taken out snowmobiling...

I say it all time, but ya not the safest hobby around.
Even just sucking up limiter strap and tightening the rear springs up a bit as you know .
But hey ?!!!! Re entry’s are cool .
No wants that as skis have to be 6-8 ft in the air for TikTok , instagram and whatever else .
Sad deal !!!

flatspeed

Reaction score
Well it can happen unexpectedly too, I'm no wheelie guy but I got mousetrapped last Friday when I hit a hard patch of snow and the sled went vertical. I was pinned by the sled and had snow in my mouth etc.
I had a friend watching from below and gave him the thumbs up as soon as I could breathe again. Here's the vid:

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the new sleds are literally purpose built to flip over backwards now. this is more real than ever.
Boy this is the spot on comment of the day! Sleds now are being built for a completely different riding style than what most older guys are familiar with or prepared for! Hate to say it but we might see more injury's from this type of situation!

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scary stuff! I pretty much always ride with a partner. I ride conservatively when I know nobody has eyes on me. It happens so fast its unreal. RIP Mr.Block.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boy this is the spot on comment of the day! Sleds now are being built for a completely different riding style than what most older guys are familiar with or prepared for! Hate to say it but we might see more injury's from this type of situation!

i hate to say it too, but both the matryx chassis and the G4/G5 Chassis in NA form were manageable. With both now running 180HP at altitude things happen FAST. I love it, and its the sled I have always wanted now built straight from the factory. But do not underestimate what these machines are capable of. They are serious business. I do not place any blame on the manufacturers, we asked, they listened and built the sleds that this generations style of riding desires. No more no less.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
323978195_540451891455500_4096685304295381562_n.jpg

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Read somewhere this morning that it crushed his windpipe....
A wake up call / reality check now and again likely keeps some in check .... easy enough to get pinned ... was just lucky enough to catch last year when sled pitched my nephew off and pinned him face down in the snow with ski on the back of his neck ..

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Read somewhere this morning that it crushed his windpipe....
A wake up call / reality check now and again likely keeps some in check .... easy enough to get pinned ... was just lucky enough to catch last year when sled pitched my nephew off and pinned him face down in the snow with ski on the back of his neck ..

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
ch!t happens so Quickly. I’ve been riding off hwy since before the trike was invented. I can’t count the number of times I’ve crashed and actually not let go of the Sled or Quad bike for fear that it would follow me. I never let go of handlebars until I know I am going to be thrown clear. A person needs to spend a lifetime riding and crashing to get good at it. Going from rookie to full shredder in a couple seasons doesn’t give you the skill required to anticipate happenings in the crash. These new sleds are so easy to ride you can do pro level ch!t in short order. Stay safe out there. It’s So sad when someone dies young from an amazing sport. Rest in peace Ken Block.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is a mousetrap exactly? Sled comes over backwards and smashed down on you?

Can a few inches of snow on a guys face suffocate? Kinda like being water boarded id think?

Scary stuff, these turbo sleds do love to come over backyards. When mine comes up and back, I always push off hard to one side and jump.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is a mousetrap exactly? Sled comes over backwards and smashed down on you?

Can a few inches of snow on a guys face suffocate? Kinda like being water boarded id think?

Scary stuff, these turbo sleds do love to come over backyards. When mine comes up and back, I always push off hard to one side and jump.
Bingo.

The combination of a few hundred pounds of sled pinning you down, even worse if you have the bars on your chest, and your face being under snow is not pleasant.

Every breath you take is super shallow, and you're choking on snow, and there's nothing you can do about it.

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wheelie king sleds is not a new thing,seen a few Mod Sleds with power close to factory turbo‘s sleds 25 yrs ago.The big difference now is short tunnel and the desire to get video for all the social media.Some videos look like it’s staged for the camera, some of the vertical stuff that attempted makes the outcome as no surprise.

Top Bottom