keep stock cat and straight pipe question

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi i have a dodge 2500 5.7 and am thinking of keeping all exhaust system stock, except for just cutting out the stock muffler and putting a piece of tubing. Will i still have good back pressure because the cats are still there. Just wanting little better flow and a little more mpg. Th

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
while your at it put some sweet stacks on it not sure why u would buy 3/4 ton gas job the 1/2 hemi is hard enuff on fuel couldn't imagined a 3/4 ton gas

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
while your at it put some sweet stacks on it not sure why u would buy 3/4 ton gas job the 1/2 hemi is hard enuff on fuel couldn't imagined a 3/4 ton gas
Just answer my original question if you cant then shut up.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lol who pissed in your beer?

If I were you 09, I'd buy a magnaflow muffler. They sound really nice on the dodge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the feed back, just wondering why you guys say go with the muffler instead of just pipe and keep the cats, is the pipe bad to do.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the feed back, just wondering why you guys say go with the muffler instead of just pipe and keep the cats, is the pipe bad to do.

It's not bad to do, but I did that on my 03 ram, drove it a week, and put a muffler on it. but it's your truck, and totally up to you.

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya my friend has a 05 half ton hemi and he did what you are proposing. imo not only was it louder than heck, it sounds like sh!t. the cops were always giving him grief about it, and finally a noise ticket. you could hadly carry out a conversation in there.
i have flowmaster on my hemi, 50 series. sounds great. magna flow is great to.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to youtube and listen to some clips,. TBH straight pipe sounds like ass and inside the cab you are gonna hate it,.. add a CAI and you will park the truck. I had a 3"si/so Flo-Pro on my '06 hemi and it sounded good enough, plus with the CAI it gave me a headache pulling hills in Jasper,.. so I removed it feeling no lose of power.

What year is your truck? It might have a resonator on it as well

Top Bottom