Kawasaki Vulcan

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at an 09 Vulcan 800. I don't know much about the street stuff, is this much of a bike, or is it a pos? Any input would be appreciated.

abiceman

Reaction score
I ride a honda valkyrie and a friend of mine has a 900 kawi and he has no problem keeping up with me on the highway until I go over 160 km or so if its your first bike you won't be disappointed.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, it is basically my first real street bike. I've had dual purpose bikes, lots of dirt bikes, but no big street bikes. The price is right, I suppose if a person didn't like it, it shouldn't be too hard to flip.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a bad bike. Couple things about it. Not a huge amount of power but it will get you by. I think the top speed was maybe 140 kmh and takes awhile to get there so passing must be planned. I dont remember if it has a fuel guage or not. Have to check on that. Also I think it is chain drive. Not a big deal just extra maintenance cleaning, lubing and adjusting it. I had one ordered way back when then changed the order to a katana 750.

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
800cc are you sure ? if it is a 09 year should it not be a 900cc bike ? rode the custom model to south dakota and back last year it holds 120km all day long. if you have ridden large v-twins you notice the softness of the torque but the bike revs out a lot more and produces upper HP instead. as acruiser bike goes it has really good handling

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, you're right dj, it is a 900 (classic LT). I picked it up today, seems like a nice bike. Although I never got out on the highway with it, it seems to handle well. It only has 6500km, so I'll get some miles on it this weekend.

Top Bottom