kamloops crew, ... when we going riding?

doodeep

Reaction score
I just got settled in to my new place here in kamloops and I wondered how many folks around here ride? I can see there is a bunch of great areas within a couple hours... I would love to meet up with some local sledders this season. let me know if you could stand another reliable riding buddy!

I started my summit xp 800 today and it is ready to go! I have all avy gear and am an experienced rider. I am a high energy rider!

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you have moved to the right place then,boi...the riding here is way better and closer than anything kelowna has to offer...when it starts to pile up we'll drag you along ...ride dirt bikes if so you have found heaven...F'n snow already......

doodeep

Reaction score
right on!:d last winter from Kelowna I rode a lot up at Sicamous...favorite spot was eagles, even though hunters/owlshead was fun too. from here its pretty close to Coq... have to go out there sometime. HOPE IT SNOWS!

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got back from smithers with the girlfriend. Was worth the 10 hour drive if your a die hard. was about 5 feet in places possibly deeper. Found some awesome areas to ride and some nice untouched hills to try out the new turbo. Too bad we had to come home but had three great days in. Gonna ride around here for sure on the twentyth somewhere. Was hoping to break the trail into Lichen again this year. Let's pray it dumps heavy this week. Anyone wants to come Pm me. That's the plan anyways. Might have to hit revy instead but either way were gonna go somewhere

doodeep

Reaction score
Smithers has really awesome riding I'm from up that way ... I'm jealous!

pictures would be great!:)

Erin H

Reaction score
Hey guys. We've had a bunch of inquiries from the Loops about sledders wanting a new snowmobile club organized. The BC Snowmobile Federation would love to have you guys on board. If you are interested, get a hold of me.

Thanks
Erin Hart
BCSF - Vice-President

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. We've had a bunch of inquiries from the Loops about sledders wanting a new snowmobile club organized. The BC Snowmobile Federation would love to have you guys on board. If you are interested, get a hold of me.

Thanks
Erin Hart
BCSF - Vice-President

but doesnt Kamloops already have a club?? also a few others clubs just beyond?? dont they need our support?? just curious

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

chelle

Marathon Truck Decks
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, Kamloopsians.

I'm also new here and looking for a good riding crew to join up with. I'm an experienced rider with full avy gear and training. I'm picking up the XP from RTR tomorrow and she's ready to go. I also moto and MTB. The Loops is adrenilin heaven. Oh and don't hold that "I'm a girl" part against me. I can ride.

P1010796a.jpg

P1000985a.JPG

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, Kamloopsians.

I'm also new here and looking for a good riding crew to join up with. I'm an experienced rider with full avy gear and training. I'm picking up the XP from RTR tomorrow and she's ready to go. I also moto and MTB. The Loops is adrenilin heaven. Oh and don't hold that "I'm a girl" part against me. I can ride.

View attachment 71079

View attachment 71080

Hows things going for you in Kamloops area?

rugbynitro

Reaction score
Looks like we got a few experienced riders in Kamloops that are looking for a good crew to ride with.....

My story is a little different. I'm an experienced Kamloops rider with avy gear and an 09 M8 162. I have gone out over 20 times in each of the last two seasons and am stoked about improving my abilities.

Here's the problem. Almost every time I head out to a new area with "friends of a friend", I meet a new bunch of riders that are poorly equipped and have more interest in packing beer and smokes than safe riding. To make things worse, some riders seem to push into areas that potentially cause trouble for the entire crew.

Now don't get me wrong. I enjoy a good time and can drink:beer: with the best of them, but not when I need to be at my best.

Is this normal around Kamloops?

I'm starting to feel like it's going to be really hard to ride consistently with a crew that can ride hard and have fun responsibly. Am I wrong?

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like we got a few experienced riders in Kamloops that are looking for a good crew to ride with.....

My story is a little different. I'm an experienced Kamloops rider with avy gear and an 09 M8 162. I have gone out over 20 times in each of the last two seasons and am stoked about improving my abilities.

Here's the problem. Almost every time I head out to a new area with "friends of a friend", I meet a new bunch of riders that are poorly equipped and have more interest in packing beer and smokes than safe riding. To make things worse, some riders seem to push into areas that potentially cause trouble for the entire crew.

Now don't get me wrong. I enjoy a good time and can drink:beer: with the best of them, but not when I need to be at my best.

Is this normal around Kamloops?

I'm starting to feel like it's going to be really hard to ride consistently with a crew that can ride hard and have fun responsibly. Am I wrong?

non drinker here :)only intermediate mountain rider but better every time out! ride locally as well as hwy 5 north and n shuswap ride every sunday keep in touch :beer:

jonniebud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
briguy stop by on weekend the snow is lookin good at the peaks wont take the cat but i fired up the yammy even took it for a rip down the driveway braap with your help i think the wife will let me go:p

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anybody is interested, I will b meeting a few other guys tmr morning at 6:30 am at the Valleyview Mohawk. Will b heading for Blue lk. for the day. Was there on Thur. and there was 3 feet of fresh. Was snowing again as we were loading. My # is 318-0759. leave a msg. if I don't answer and I will get back to u.

doodeep

Reaction score
looks like a few of us should plan a ride!! pick a place that's fun and see what sticks... maybe we'll come out with a really awesome group:d I'm in all the way!

okay I'm gonna need some ideas about when and where though!
like I said I know sicamous graystoke and hunters areas but not as much out here.

chelle

Marathon Truck Decks
Reaction score
Hows things going for you in Kamloops area?

Hey Glen, LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT. I don't miss Edmonton for a second either.

This place has been a long time coming for me and to have 25 acres up in the mountains is kinda a dream come true. I've spent the past year setting up my welding and woodworking shop so that I can start putting out some cool stuff. It's also nice to be able to hop on the moto or sled and just go out the driveway. Here's a couple of the things I've been building.

P1050045a.JPG
Log trailer with 1 ton boom

P1040460a.jpg
Dumping flat deck with a 1/2 ton boom

P1040595a.JPG
Log bench

P1040677a.JPG
Timber table

P1040588a.JPG
My sawmill and "Bindi the bulldozer" the worlds cutest dozer.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anybody is interested, I will b meeting a few other guys tmr morning at 6:30 am at the Valleyview Mohawk. Will b heading for Blue lk. for the day. Was there on Thur. and there was 3 feet of fresh. Was snowing again as we were loading. My # is 318-0759. leave a msg. if I don't answer and I will get back to u.

get some pics! if its lookin good ill prob be out that way anyday between mon and thurs

Top Bottom