Kakwa 2013/14 Conditions

Kermit

Reaction score
With a new season almost upon us figured it was time for new thread! We brought the bus out morning of Nov. 2, roads were good but started snowing hard once setting up. Made it up Stetson without chains but see the club is now recommending chains on Facebook. Good luck to everyone getting camps out and as always pictures are great!!!

Sent from my iPad using

HCR800<3

Reaction score
Can't stress this anymore guys! Make sure you know what's on that hill before you go.

Weyerhaeuser is repairing the Stetson hill expect road closures for up to 4 hrs at a time to install culverts. Please be careful around construction site and be sure to maintain radio contact. Ensure our club shows respect and obey posted speeds. Weyerhaeuser has contracted the RCMP to patrol the Weyerhaeuser road this winter.

HCR800<3

Reaction score
Haha wellll... From our FB page we have an update.

--- Just got home from kakwa. 8 inches Of fresh snow on Friday night an another 4 inches last night. Was -20 all weekend. Great base on the road from gas plant right to parking lot. Stetson is good and I think the work on the hill is now completed ---

1471096_10153503792055521_420862387_n.jpg

Last I heard about 2 weeks ago was 18'' at the border, so I am sure we are almost at 3 feet if not over (wishful thinking) .. MAYBE just maybe that groomer can head in before Christmas.

So overall we're looking just shy of 2 feet at camp.. And sleds are allowed into the park on December 1st!

• Thanks
Reactions: Dmf

HCR800<3

Reaction score
Sooo, total buzzkill. Went up to camp this weekend.. Lucky to have 4 inches of hard pack up there at the staging area.. :( Didn't go in on the sleds hoping there is better news after this weekend since we are allowed in starting Sunday :) ..

croc_j2001

Reaction score
Talked to a guy that was up on Saturday and was still only a few inches in the parking lot. Hopefully has dumped yesterday and today though

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talked to a guy on Clairmont lake the other day when i was testing out my sled, he said it's good to go, they were finding 6' pow in places...Don't know his name or anything, just happened to stop and chat...

croc_j2001

Reaction score
There is nothing down there. Rained last weekend and was only 4 or 5 inches in the parking lot. Just got back from sled camp on sunday.

talked to a guy on Clairmont lake the other day when i was testing out my sled, he said it's good to go, they were finding 6' pow in places...Don't know his name or anything, just happened to stop and chat...

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well sh*t, just goes to show you can't trust anyone you meet on a lake, while he's riding a polaris!

There is nothing down there. Rained last weekend and was only 4 or 5 inches in the parking lot. Just got back from sled camp on sunday.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were in this past weekend as well. I never made it in but the other guys I was with did. Trail was brutal and not much snow before the cabin. After the cabin they said was over the bars deep everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using 2

croc_j2001

Reaction score
I think I will wait to go in until there is more snow. Hopefully soon!

We were in this past weekend as well. I never made it in but the other guys I was with did. Trail was brutal and not much snow before the cabin. After the cabin they said was over the bars deep everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using 2

B-Mac

Reaction score
Just saw on the snowmobile clubs facebook page that the trail is groomed to the lake now. Groomer will be running again on saturday

Sent from my iPhone using

Top Bottom