Kakwa 2009-2010

Smokeshow

Reaction score
Had a meeting at Forestry this morning, indicated camps are being set up and people showing for permits now almost every day. Was out to km 140 on Two Lakes two days ago, mountains have a nice white blanket. Any word on conditions yet?

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It still needs more in the parking lot. We set up camp on Nov 1, there is snow on the ground but not enough yet.

fr0gm3n

Reaction score
went and helped buddy set up camp yesterday just a small skiff of snow on the ground. Have to wait a little longer I guess!

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was down today to skirt in the bus and there were some guys sledding there. (Empty trailers in the parking lot). It was snowing pretty good in the parking lot. Won't be long now I think. Maybe the first weekend of dec for me just to be safe.

T-BO

Reaction score
It's dumping in Kakwa last night and today, should be good conditions for a first ride in december!

rmkcrew

Reaction score
I,m up on a drilling lease @ 135 on the Two Lakes rd,then aprox 20k south east. In the past 24 hrs it has dumped a foot. Got up this morning to a white out, & its still coming down hard, temp is -1

fr0gm3n

Reaction score
A few people have been telling me there is supposed to be 6 ft at the lake. Going to go check it out this weekend. Here's hoping!!

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, the trail and the BC side is closed until Dec.1st. BUT... some idiots have already gone in; they are going to ruin it for everyone!!!:nono:
Ya hopefully guys will wait. Riding in early like that only gives more ammo to keep us out! There is still 5 months of sledding without going in 10 Days early. December 1st is NOT just a suggestion. Stick to the rules and we can all enjoy the area for years to come. Just my thoughts.

Reaction score
im gonna take a rip either thurs or fri and check things out. ill see if i can get a few pics

No dice on the trip in last weekend, after talking with a buddy, found out anything beyond going to the falls was off limits, not worth the drive. Not to mention no one else wanted to head out. Looks like im gonna have to walk around with a -------- for another 10 days...

Last edited by a moderator:

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The BC forestry has seen sled tracks on the BC side before December 1st! Not impresed apparently. Best way to get banned from Kakwa i guess.

T-BO

Reaction score
Yeah heard that B.C parks found sled tracks into kakwa and they are not happy. They have contacted the swan city snowmobile club with complaints.

EVERYONE HAS TO KNOW THAT IT IS AGAINST THE LAW TO SLED INTO KAKWA BEFORE DECEMBER 1st, NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

Top Bottom