Kain creek

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anybody can offer some insight to where the trail is for kain creek. Since the Rocky point trail was a no go we spent the rest of the day looking for the kain creek trail but had no luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anybody can offer some insight to where the trail is for kain creek. Since the Rocky point trail was a no go we spent the rest of the day looking for the kain creek trail but had no luck.

Kain in creek is awasome, the trail is very tricky. It is before the rocky point turn off. Somewhat in the last cut block heading in on the main road. You will ride basically to the end, then cross the valley and continue down it. This is all on the logging road, once at the end, this is where the real fun starts. Can't really explain it but you will wonder up the creek bed. You really need to know where to be in that creek bed or will get blocked off. It is a blast to punch in though, grip n rip all you need to know. At the end will be a stepped waterfall or treed slope. Most the time we just take the waterfall. Once up there it is twice the size of rocky. I have no problem sharing this area as most never find there way :)

what was wrong with the rocky point trail?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't remember the name of it but we headed up an old fsr about 5 miles before the rocky point turnoff. It's right before you cross a bridge. There were a couple other tracks going up so we followed. After a couple km the road got filled with willows and we were pretty much pushing bush. About 700m before the road ended the tracks turned around and the road was pretty much impassable. So not really sure if we were on the right track or not. The rocky point trail is pretty much all ice on the switchbacks. And is chewed down to the grass in a lot of spots. I am pretty experienced and it was just to sketchy for me.

thiels2

Reaction score
Yup I will agree with the Rocky point trail. Rode there Tuesday came back without my sled. Ridden there several times before it is very sketchy and in my opinion unrideable at this time. Made it up switch backs and nearing the avy crossings stopped to wait for my buddy on a flat spot and when he caught up I proceeded to continue up when my track kicked out on the ice the sled then proceeded to slide backwards and then down into the junk. Was unable to recover sled as we ran out of light. Have to figure out a way to recover the sled in the next couple weeks should be fun. Very used to tough accesses with lots of experience but can say I ve never seen anything like this year. Very unexpected.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You were on the right trail then. Couple km up you want to be on the south side of the valley, and then from there follow the low road in. You will end up on the north side when the road ends. From There it's the bush and creek. Keep an eye out for signs of man or machine up there, it is quit evident and you will find your way. And yes it can get thick to the point that most peopl think its impossible. Most of the time you will be on the north side of the creek but do need to pass to the south every once and a while. To be honest, besides myself, I don't know anyone else who knows how to cut a trail up kain creek. Good luck :)

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You were on the right trail then. Couple km up you want to be on the south side of the valley, and then from there follow the low road in. You will end up on the north side when the road ends. From There it's the bush and creek. Keep an eye out for signs of man or machine up there, it is quit evident and you will find your way. And yes it can get thick to the point that most peopl think its impossible. Most of the time you will be on the north side of the creek but do need to pass to the south every once and a while. To be honest, besides myself, I don't know anyone else who knows how to cut a trail up kain creek. Good luck :)

Well if we were on the right path someone really needs to go up there in the summer with a mulcher or chainsaw. Because where we turned around it was so thick you couldn't see through it. You could see where there is a single lane path through the middle but all the willows are crossed like x's. I don't even know if you could walk through it. You could maybe get through by crawling. Lol. Even the rest of it was super thick. My sled looks like it was raped by a cat. Lol. By the looks of it no one had been up there all year. The tracks that we followed turned around as well.

Top Bottom