just wonderin

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering if it would cause any damage to the engine if i just patched the hole where the bail fork punctured unit my new pipe arrives

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love stories that have a bale fork involved.....LOL

You should be fine, weld on a patch and go.

Cheers

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here ya go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331323540.882262.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331323540.882262.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 193
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331323585.352705.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331323585.352705.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 194

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It wasnt on the tractor.... It's goin to sound dumb but it was in the middle if the yard where it shouldn't be .... But not blaming my lil brother and we were loading up the sleds because we were going to swanhills and I was turning around in yard not going fast... because the sled was not warmed up and I didn't have a helmet ....and it was pitch black and I didn't see it and I went over a lil snowbank ....and then I hit it with the forks facing me....I was going slow enough I hit brakes about a foot before I hit it and it only went in about 10 inches

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So you need a new pipe and a fresh change of underwear Correct????
And maybe a little cleaning up equipment laying around the yard. Just a suggestion

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It wasnt on the tractor.... It's goin to sound dumb but it was in the middle if the yard where it shouldn't be .... But not blaming my lil brother and we were loading up the sleds because we were going to swanhills and I was turning around in yard not going fast... because the sled was not warmed up and I didn't have a helmet ....and it was pitch black and I didn't see it and I went over a lil snowbank ....and then I hit it with the forks facing me....I was going slow enough I hit brakes about a foot before I hit it and it only went in about 10 inches

How much for your avatar? Best one on the site next to Mike manynumbers. Lol.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can take it off the sled, heat up the bashed area up with a torch til red hot and pull the dent back out as much as possible, weld or braze a patch on each side just get a good seal on the patch, it will be good to go for another 10,000 miles. Make sure you pull it back out good though and try and get as much of the metal bent back out from inside the pipe. 2 strokes work on a pressure wave so anything that impedes the uniformity of the wave will decrease performance or cause a hot spot.

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a dynoport one on Monday and I just migged the lol one and the big I cut the dent out and patched it with thin sheet metal

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got to swan hills and .......... My brother forgot the key for his sled bahahahaha lol

Top Bottom