just weighed XM

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw a 13 pro today with 2 hours on it and a broken drive shaft

fast forward 3 hours in the day, see another 13 pro, go for a quick ride with him so we can test drive each other's machines .. he shreds a few cogs off his belt drive .. I guess he didn't follow the "break in procedure" ..

I'll keep my heavy good for nothing doo, thank yoo

go ahead, shave more weight off.. maybe they will just fall apart coming out of the crate and save you the hassle of towing it back to your truck

on that note, I'd like my tow strap back mr polaris guy (if you read this)

Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maxwell, have you found a etec can that isn't much louder than stock and still has the weight savings?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maxwell, have you found a etec can that isn't much louder than stock and still has the weight savings?

Nope. The MBrp and the hps both sound pretty much stock until 7000rpm then all hell breaks loose. All aftermarket cans seem to have a bark in high rpm ranges

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Saw a 13 pro today with 2 hours on it and a broken drive shaft

fast forward 3 hours in the day, see another 13 pro, go for a quick ride with him so we can test drive each other's machines .. he shreds a few cogs off his belt drive .. I guess he didn't follow the "break in procedure" ..

I'll keep my heavy good for nothing doo, thank yoo

go ahead, shave more weight off.. maybe they will just fall apart coming out of the crate and save you the hassle of towing it back to your truck

on that note, I'd like my tow strap back mr polaris guy (if you read this)

hmmmm brings back memories of me towing back 08 xps with my rev :)

Vidgren

Reaction score
Would be interesting to c how many kg. A day in the pow add to you sledd. I mean the snow and ice buildup..

tfriesen

Reaction score
My 1000 is fairly well stripped and has Bakerlite skid it does have 162x3 but weighed 640 full to brim!We also weighed the following sleds 08 xp 154 full-556,07 rev 151 2.5 full-555,04 rev 600 with a 700 engine and 151x16x2 full-554,tricked out 07 rev with 860 no injection every possible thing remove including chain tightner 163x3"-557 full,and a zx triple with 151x2" and boss seat lexan hood, no injection system and it weighed 572 full!These were all done on highly accurrate nascar style wheel scales.They are calibrated regularly for racing purposes!If you can get a sled near 500lbs full you have spent some serious bucks from what i can see?Unless ofcourse these scales are 50lbs out which I doubt.

What made me raise an eyebrow here was that a 163XM is lighter than an 08 154XP. I was under the impression that the early XP was lighter. Not questioning your methods, i guess i recieved my data from owners of the early XP. I guess my only question is do any of these have the electric start weight disadvantage?

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doing good. Just about finished my 174 monster I been building. Hope too make it out your way this year haven't in a couple of years. How's the snow out your way doug?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What made me raise an eyebrow here was that a 163XM is lighter than an 08 154XP. I was under the impression that the early XP was lighter. Not questioning your methods, i guess i recieved my data from owners of the early XP. I guess my only question is do any of these have the electric start weight disadvantage?
Out of all these sleds the xp did have e-start and a can so stock to stock it is very close to xm in weight. If you talk to the hardcore drag racers on doo talk they like the heavy weight of the 1000 as it adds stiffness to chassis( ie no flex)..they all say that's why the 1000 is the fastest doo period!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow my RT is between 630 to 660 pounds, neat. Wonder where the extra weight is over the rev, I was thinking 50 pounds or so differance if they both had cans .

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a buddy a few years back that ken at speaialty soak him for 12 extra grand to light weight it, think the weight was in the 590 from what i remember with nitrous and had lots of mid range tq, but the 07 800r rev was still a bit higher on the climbs, might even have a few videos of that

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a buddy a few years back that ken at speaialty soak him for 12 extra grand to light weight it, think the weight was in the 590 from what i remember with nitrous and had lots of mid range tq, but the 07 800r rev was still a bit higher on the climbs, might even have a few videos of that
It's pretty tough to get weight out of rt! But you can get 40 lbs not to bad, that said once clutched properly it takes a good 860 to get around a running 1000! A 800 is no where close. I doubt even the xm is close as last years etec s and pros were not.

allrevsrule

Reaction score
I think that I will use oxygenated fuel so my sled wont be so darn heavy. ! XM's scare me but ole well there here to stay just glad that RT is parked for good ! HAHA !

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your darn heavy sled i hear went on another diet program.... it has a anorexia issue like no others...

Top Bottom