just picked up a new sled

b non

Reaction score
well decided it was time to get a sled again and got a mint shape 2006 polaris fusion 900 yes i read all the hate about it but really any thing that says polaris comes with hate for whatever reason, i like the way it looks talked to a buddy that works for polaris and says they all have good and bad points recalls were done and a full rebuild last year now just need snow

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the sled. I had an '06 900 RMK back in the day. Sold it with low miles but it was a good sled while I owned it.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an 06 rmk different airbox and rad mod slp single 1300miles no issues

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tow rope, and strong back and weak mind

Just saying
They did have there issues but the mods I did helped it breath better and took off a lot of weight. The stock exhaust and airbox were the heavyest I have experienced on a sled

b non

Reaction score
well i know the history on this one from new know the original owner was rebuilt cause he dose it regardless every 2500 miles always had and never had a sled leave him in the bush so not worried about about that . no now can say that there brand of choice never made a POS model or one that had issues .

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Enjoy the new ride, and don't worry about all of the naysayers. Quite frankly, every brand has issues from time to time - some are rider induced. The internet tends to blow things out of proportion, and 1 person's failure or bad experience tends to escalate into an entire model line up or brand being painted with the same brush. At the same time, brand loyalty tends to make some people view their brand with rose colored glasses - don't read too much into it. The Polaris 900 wasn't well received, same deal applied to ski-doo's RT1000, Cat's M1000, and the newer proclimbs (especially the 4 stroke) - most of this was due to weight of the sled out of the crate, and some teething issues that comes with any new build. Hell, if you believe the internet, all Etec's won't start when it's cold out, all Cat's are belt blowers, and no Polaris engine will live past 2500km without a "fix kit". If you buy into all of that, best take up knitting instead of sledding...
By the way, I see you are new to the forums, so "Welcome aboard!"

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an 05 900 and sold it with 8000 kms. Hope you get the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ignore all the bad comments and enjoy!! All I ever hear is Yamaha's don't go in the mountains hahaha come play in the steep and deep is all I have to say!

b non

Reaction score
i have come to expect the bad comments on here thats what always happens and once one of them has a break down or blows up it will be well its part of sledding is all my brand still the best...... all i want to do is ride

Top Bottom