Just bought new to me m7

vans

Reaction score
Hi just bought a new to me m7 with a et 900 bb. I have egts but no Af gauge yet and would like some safe rich starting number for 2200 ft. I don't plan on riding it much at that elevation but if I can tune it there as I go up I can just drop some fuel but I need a baseline to start with to safely start. By the way is will be ran with av gas.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't help you with numbers, but I wouldn't bother with an AF gauge. The electrical system on the M7 will have trouble running it, and isn't stable enough in my experience. Very poor voltage regulation.

vans

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply I have talked to deano I believe at mad motorsports and got some useful info and he pretty much said not to bother with the gauge either. Something to be said when I would have purchased the gauge from him and he new that and still said use the egts and check piston wash to verify then just run her long story short. Awesome guy that will take the time to make sure u understand even if he didn't make a buck!! Yet as I am sure I will need things later

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what kind of numbers you're running at 2200ft as I have the same engine and mine has never been run out of the mountains.

Top Bottom