Just bough 2001 MNT 800 le and looking for suggestions

b_kingsley

Reaction score
Hello i just bought a 2001 Artic cat Mnt 800 le. Im new to owning artic cats and have only run yamahas. I would love to hear any feedback you might have about this sled. Problems, adjustments, Mods or just your opinion on the sled. It has about 2000 miles on it and im looking to get it in top running condition and maybe add some mods before the season begins. I would appreciate any comments

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i put a chip and pipe on mine from black magic and it works awesome. Really woke the sled up. Put a set of risers on it and a aftermarket tunnel stiffener . Then add oil and gas.

HILCLMR

Reaction score
You need to put it on a diet;
Replace the seat
Ditch the sway bar
remove all but the rear idlers on the skid, run ice scratchers
remove under hood foam
lose the speedo
ditch the LE front skid adjuster
put a can on it
toss the track in the trash and 151 it
make your ski stance adjustable with bushings and set them narrow
make sure the piston update was done

this will get you started

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i ahev to agree with hlclimber the piston update is a must. Last year i took out the outboard cylinder. Cause was too much play in the skirt. Made a real fast stop mid climb

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheap improvement that increases happy factor is a set of "Snow Eliminators" for the running boards, if your feet are over a size 10 it's a must.

Dr. Meatman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know this may sound somewhat conceded but in all honesty sell that and get a late model 03 -05 1M chassis....soooo much lighter and a lot funner to ride with the drop and roll.

Top Bottom