Just a HEADS up for all XP owners1!!!

G

Guest1

Just a HEADS up for all XP owners!!!

Just got back from Playa last night and I recieved this pm from a very good friend about another riding buddy.

Doug and Chad were riding in Crowfoot yesturday. Doug was standing, going up a hill when his drive shaft exploded and stopped his sled. He went flying over the handlebars and broke his left femur. He was airlifted to Kamloops within 2 hours. He spent the night in the hospital on Morphine and should be in surgery right now. Chad is going to call me after surgery. I'll let you know.

NOT BASHING but for any of you peeps riding the XP...BE CAREFUL!!!

OVER!!!

GOT LAWSUIT

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, that sucks for sure. hope your bud heals up well, that is one of the worst bones to break not to mention the largest bone in your body. he'll spend the summer recovering from it.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 XP's had trouble on our trip to Pemberton. One driveshaft which was changed out at the cabin (2 spare shafts were brought along on the truck) and two cranks let loose. Not too good when 3 '08 model machines have failures out of 30 machines on the trip when a few of the sleds were '03 and '04 models with 5000 km on them.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was on a trip to Elkord last Jan 08 and there was an 800 HO XP that blew the motor about 30 miles from town. Let me tell you the owner was some P.O.ed. Now I know things mechanical do let you down once in a while but I am still going with my theory that you can only tweak these two strokes so much before they let loose and you have a melt down.

Billy Boy:cool:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was on a trip to Elkord last Jan 08 and there was an 800 HO XP that blew the motor about 30 miles from town. Let me tell you the owner was some P.O.ed. Now I know things mechanical do let you down once in a while but I am still going with my theory that you can only tweak these two strokes so much before they let loose and you have a melt down.

800 HO?
they make a H.O.
or do ya mean R?
well I guess its tough for BRP after making the best machine for 4 years strait in the mountains, you must pass the torch on! lol. I am sure BRP will regain there respect one day. Hell the U.S.A. voted Bush in for a second run of pure CRAP!:D
I will still buy BRP because I have nothing but good experiences with my snow and mud machines, and ya I have the first year 800r with zero issues on the engine and clutch.
sorry to here about your Bros. we never want anyone to get hurt because there machine failed them, theres a bit more fun hurt n your self when ya have a good story to go with it!
hope your friend heals quickly.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
800 HO?
theres a bit more fun hurt n your self when ya have a good story to go with it!
hope your friend heals quickly.

A legal settlement from BRP would go a long way to helping the 'healing process' . If a new car had a part failure that caused the driver to break his femur - the manufacturer would definatly be paying up!!

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's bad enough that BRP screws Canadians over with their pricing vs. USA and then builds products that don't stand up. Plus they let the consumer do the R&D on first year releases. And being a Canadian company it only steams me all the more!!!!!!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's bad enough that BRP screws Canadians over with their pricing vs. USA and then builds products that don't stand up. Plus they let the consumer do the R&D on first year releases. And being a Canadian company it only steams me all the more!!!!!!

MOVE TO U.S.A and Bush can be your president and you can save money on a DOO!
BRP doesnt screw people in canada its a cost of doing business, like taxes, wages, and we are such a small piece of the whole picture especialy mountain sleds the money is in the touring and trail sleds. and if everyone did drop their price, well all the chit we already own would be worth nothing, its frustrating for everyone I agree but nobody is trying to screw ya POLEMAN!
this thread was about a injured rider due to a machine that failed but I dont think that was in BRPs marketing plan this year so just relax.... these things happen to every manufacturer but lets just hope our downed rider is up and running as soon as possible:D

Last edited by a moderator:

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you Johnny I have always have had Doo products some good some not so good but for the most part very reliable. It is just one of those those things with the xp mechanical failure causing this rider to be hurt (chit happens) we all have to remember that sledding can be a very extreme sport and things do let loose and I think we are all aware of that. I hope this fellow has a speedy recovery a broken femur is very serious.

Britt

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Mr. Blaze I ment a 800R, lately I have had HO on the brain since mine packed it in with only 1200 miles on it but you are right I will still buy Doo products and will be looking at buying a xp within the next year:skidoo: Bottom line all sled manufacturers make a good product but every now and then you do get the odd lemon (just look at our vehicles) thats just the name of the game with motorized vehicles!!!! Back to the poor fellow who hurt himself I wish him a speedy recovery and hopefully there will be no lingering problems as a result of the break.

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MOVE TO U.S.A and Bush can be your president and you can save money on a DOO!
BRP doesnt screw people in canada its a cost of doing business, like taxes, wages, and we are such a small piece of the whole picture especialy mountain sleds the money is in the touring and trail sleds. and if everyone did drop their price, well all the chit we already own would be worth nothing, its frustrating for everyone I agree but nobody is trying to screw ya POLEMAN!
this thread was about a injured rider due to a machine that failed but I dont think that was in BRPs marketing plan this year so just relax.... these things happen to every manufacturer but lets just hope our downed rider is up and running as soon as possible:D

Yes the riders recovery is the priority here.
Obviously Mr. BLaZe you must be a DOO rider and I'm sorry if I touched a nerve about your manufacturers shortcomings! And please take the time to inform yourself with facts before your next rant about price irregularites. Cheers :D

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This one here had a broken driveshaft too....

SledinIII084.jpg

G

Guest1

SBR...The DUCK is supposed to be released either this weekend or early next week and flying home (last I heard)...I will see him next week. He will be in for a LONG recovery for sure.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
You give him the best from all of us at snowandmud.

And for giggles, you should post some photos of him...
SBR...The DUCK is supposed to be released either this weekend or early next week and flying home (last I heard)...I will see him next week. He will be in for a LONG recovery for sure.

Top Bottom