July conditions

hughie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think were a ways off yet, it was pretty sunny and warm when we there quadin this weekend

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've only got 100 kms on my new T-Cat and I'm ready to put it away and get out the M8 again. It's like 27*C here; may as well be -40*C, cause the chances of me going outside are about the same. SUMMER SUX!!!!!:beer:

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree the summer has too many issues....too hot...rain... flying things that bite... hail... full campgrounds....OHHHH to have the freedom of the snow!!! Cant wait

Sumitdude

Reaction score
SLed is Ready to go Just waintin on the snow. Has the McBride B&B got lots of Reservations for the year already. Planning a Trip for a week in late Dec. early Jan.

powerdog

Reaction score
I think were a ways off yet, it was pretty sunny and warm when we there quadin this weekend

Going out there this weekend any tips have sledded lots but never quadded out there best place to go, what to expect? Planning on staying in the enclosed trailer riding out and back to trailer everyday. Any ideas on which would be the best place to start, spending 4 days out in the bush with 3 other sled heads that have never quadded in the mountains before either.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
You could start off with Lucille, since you are probably familiar with that area. There's a lake up there somewhere. Just remember to keep out of the alpine (above tree line)

bbtoys and some friends went up the Morkill to the falls a couple of weekends ago and there are tons of trails up there. He posted pictures in "BC riding areas". Unfortunately, he's working out of town this week, otherwise he would be able to give you more detailed descriptions and directions. Mark, who runs Canadian Country Cabins, may be able to help you out there.

Another place would be the Holmes/Beaver River road. Goes up about 65km. Take your binoculars, cause there's lots of wildlife up there (including grizzlies). There's also a small campground beside the Holmes River about 1km off the highway. Beaver Falls is right by there.

It's really dry here, so you may not be allowed campfires again this week. And always remember to take out what you bring in.

[/QUOTE=powerdog;851219]Going out there this weekend any tips have sledded lots but never quadded out there best place to go, what to expect? Planning on staying in the enclosed trailer riding out and back to trailer everyday. Any ideas on which would be the best place to start, spending 4 days out in the bush with 3 other sled heads that have never quadded in the mountains before either.[/QUOTE]

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
SLed is Ready to go Just waintin on the snow. Has the McBride B&B got lots of Reservations for the year already. Planning a Trip for a week in late Dec. early Jan.

We still have some openings December/January (nothing around Christmas/New Years though). Give us a call or PM me with your dates and will see what we can do. Thanks.

PS: Still no snow up there. Looking for a good year this year.

Last edited:
Top Bottom