Joker Lake, Alberta?

Anthony

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have heard some talk about ice fishing at a place called "Joker Lake".
Does anybody here have any details about its location, or how to get there? Is it truck friendly? Or do you have to get in through sleds?
Anyone been fishing there this year?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Anthony

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Google maps isn't yielding any results as to its location!! Dang!
If somebody can find it on an online map, it would be appreciated.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go 8 miles past Little Buffalo on highway 986, you will come to a road that crosses 986 on a slight angle (called Kelly's Corner, no sign tho). turn left and follow that for about 4 or 5 miles and you will come by the lake on your left. keep going another mile to a turnoff to the left, not sure if it will be plowed but I know guys have been ice fishing there this season and catching some nice perch. if it's plowed you may be able to drive onto the lake, otherwise you will need a sled to get onto the ice.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Fished & worked a fair bit around Joker lake years ago... Seemed everytime we would go to the lake the local people were there fishing...Thought it might be fished out by now. :eek:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fished & worked a fair bit around Joker lake years ago... Seemed everytime we would go to the lake the local people were there fishing...Thought it might be fished out by now. :eek:
used to be some decent sized pike in there, but just little guys now. it winter killed 4 years ago, but has slowly been coming back. used to drive by it every day while I was running slickline out there, fished it a few times with some success. should be good perch fishing until the pike get big again.

Anthony

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go 8 miles past Little Buffalo on highway 986, you will come to a road that crosses 986 on a slight angle (called Kelly's Corner, no sign tho). turn left and follow that for about 4 or 5 miles and you will come by the lake on your left. keep going another mile to a turnoff to the left, not sure if it will be plowed but I know guys have been ice fishing there this season and catching some nice perch. if it's plowed you may be able to drive onto the lake, otherwise you will need a sled to get onto the ice.

Thank you VERY MUCH Teeroy! You always pull through with the needed information!! Greatly appreciated.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you VERY MUCH Teeroy! You always pull through with the needed information!! Greatly appreciated.
lol...no problem Anthony, glad to help. :beer:

make sure you post up a few pics of your catch, if the perchies are biting good I may have to head over there meself....:d

Anthony

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol...no problem Anthony, glad to help. :beer:

make sure you post up a few pics of your catch, if the perchies are biting good I may have to head over there meself....:d

Will do! The camera will be snapping pictures, whether the fish are biting or not! :)

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hauled a rig load past joker yesterday, you can drive onto the lake from the east end right off the road. looks like a well beaten path onto the lake, must be quite a few peeps fishing out there.

Anthony

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out at Joker last Sunday... had 5 lines in the water for about 3 hours. Not one bite. We we on the South West end of the lake, and everyone else was fishing on the far north end of the lake. We had our sleds, so we didn't want to distrub the other fishers on the north end, so we decided to stay south. Not sure if the guys at the north end were catching anything, but I was just happy to be out in the fresh air with the sleds and a couple lines in the water! Ice was about 1 1/4 meters thick, took a while to sue the handheld auger. :cool:

Beautiful area, will have to get out there one more time before the ice melts!
Enjoy the pics. :d :)

See second pic! Should put the covers on for the drive there... sleds got a little muddy! Oops!

100_0248.jpg

100_0251.jpg

100_0252.jpg

100_0255.jpg

100_0262.jpg

100_0265.jpg

Top Bottom