jetting suggestions

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like the tile says, im looking for jetting suggestions. 98 670X with high comp head, split second pipes, etc etc. currently has 420 PTO and 390 MAG. Im burning WAY to much fuel. im not taking it to the mountains. will be local for the most part. any ideas?

Reaction score
If your runnin the 44 rounds , I have jets .. 390 - 380 should be safe ( if your THAT rich) an go down from there dependin how cold she is .... We got some pretty good air down here the last week ( like REALLY good air! Bbrrrr! lol ) so don't drop er too much if you ditched your hac stuff. Also some aftermarket jets oddly enough seem leaner than Mikunis so keep that in mind... Pm me if you wanna try some, be in stony 2moro afternoon. :beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like the tile says, im looking for jetting suggestions. 98 670X with high comp head, split second pipes, etc etc. currently has 420 PTO and 390 MAG. Im burning WAY to much fuel. im not taking it to the mountains. will be local for the most part. any ideas?
Are your plugs showing rich? How do you know you are burning too much fuel, just by consumption or by plug and wash readings?

If its plug readings then lean it out til the plugs are tan coloured.

What oilpatch boys said is about where Jaws said to be with my twin pipes, but I run down as low as 210-230 (mag/pto) due to my current setup (venting to atmosphere).

Reaction score
Indeed , the plugs don't lie..

And look on the bright side.. Modman didn't suggest ridin yer weapon upsidedown to get the float levels dialed in lolol.

I'll tell ya.. You gotta watch these (403) boys... they do things a lil different down there! haha.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Indeed , the plugs don't lie..

And look on the bright side.. Modman didn't suggest ridin yer weapon upsidedown to get the float levels dialed in lolol.

I'll tell ya.. You gotta watch these (403) boys... they do things a lil different down there! haha.

I was going to suggest that, but I figured he didn't have the talent required...

:D just kidding man....I don't discriminate based on geographical location, I'll razz you no matter where you are.

Seriously though, lean with 420's?? What are you running in the midrange for needles and needle jets?

I like my jetting like my women - lean but not too lean, and not....well you know. :D

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i can put it upside down. even in a ditch!! i think plugs looked lean cause i blew the head gasket on sun at -32. and ran it a little hot getting it back to the truck. tahts the least of my worries. now the pto side piston fires only intermittently. 125 compression and 130 on mag side. i had replace the pto side cranck seal it was good untill now. low vacuum again. im thinking time for a new top end

Top Bottom