Jetting a snorkeled brute force

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've just finished snorkeling my 07 BF 650I and now it wants to stall at idle and cuts in and out when I go over 50 kmph. It still wheelies fine and climes hills with no problems so I'm guessing it needs to be jetted.

Problem is, I'm clueless about this whole jetting thing. HELP PLEASE...:eek:

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will find a lot of info on this site..........just do a search for jetting a 650 and you'll get lots of input. Just as an additional note though, you should make sure you have enough air coming to your air box. I ended up splicing 2-2" pipes for my intake just before the air box intake because I couldn't get it jetted properly with just 1-2" pipe.

.........have fun with the jetting

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I,ve been going thru the same thing right know.I,ve dropped the needles down one and took out the back fire screen and it helped a little.I,m going try and put a Y just after the 90 off of the air box and run 2 snorkels and see if that helps.Right now in the 40-60km range it has a miss.:beer:

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've just finished snorkeling my 07 BF 650I and now it wants to stall at idle and cuts in and out when I go over 50 kmph. It still wheelies fine and climes hills with no problems so I'm guessing it needs to be jetted.

Problem is, I'm clueless about this whole jetting thing. HELP PLEASE...:eek:
give myles a call in service a cycle works west he pointed me in the right direction

Top Bottom