Brute Force Needs work

adam6604

Reaction score
hey everyone, this will be my first post so i'll give a little rundown about my ride and my situation.
So i have had a 2012 Kawasaki Brute Force 650i on 28" silverbacks, but i recently rolled it ( 10-12times ) and wrote it off, currently fixing it :)
but i have bought a 2009 Kawasaki brute force 750i as it's replacement, the bike has Highlifter rad relocate, MIMB snorkels, 2" RDC lift, HMF performance exhaust, HMF optimizer, Highlifter bumper, 14" ITP SS rims and 31x9.5x14 highlifter outlaw tires.
only had 2 trips on it myself, and i ( THINK ) i threw a bearing, oil was lower then normal, and now it's got a full on knocking/grinding noise coming from behind the CVT so i know its engine problems.. lol
I'm located in Rimbey ( 1 hour north west of Red deer ) and i'm looking to see if their is any good shops or guys that do rebuilds? I myself have never opened an engine and don't really want to do this project myself.. i can't do it anytime soon because i'm in the process of replacing my transmission in my truck ( good timing right!? )
any help would be awesome, thanks alot .

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to capton Jack sparrow from here.
He owns extreme machines

He's a kawi god.

sent from my htc

adam6604

Reaction score
yeah? hopefully i can work something out, or else my last resort is sending it down to DSC or something down in the southern united states...would be expensive lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Other place is fundy outa east Canada.
But thats more performance wise.

sent from my htc

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give Mike Black a call...403-704-0825. He's just east of Hoadley. He'll tell you he's not interested, but he's kind of a whore...he'll do it for enough cash.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mike's a nice guy to by parts from.

But him fixing it. Dunno.

I'd take to Dan at extreme first.

Are ya sure its not the belt or clutch making the noise ???

sent from my htc

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It almost sounds like it could be the primary rubbing on the backing plate behind it. If you over torque the primary when you put it back on it will go in towards the motor to far and hit the backing plate in there. Been there done that. I ended up having to replace my primary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

MacDizzle

Reaction score
Sounds like we have a very similar situation playing out. Ive got a new used 08 Brute 650 and shes full of issues after being ridden and rolled hard. I hope people on here can help us with tips. Im in the process of doing a full rear cv replacement as well everything in between also a wheel alignment which looks pretty extensive.

Top Bottom