Jets and Jetting on an 800r

dodgeram18

Reaction score
Ive done a quick search but have did not find anything to help me out. Im looking to up my jets two sizes since i put an slp power dome head on my 08xp. Im new to this doo and i read on the slp web site to up the main jet two sizes, so what size would that be? and the slp website says to put shims under the needle e-clips slp part # 14-254. im just looking for useful information on what jets to order and where to shim. or if someone has a link with a descriptive how to. that would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock =480
You have to pull top off of carb. 4 small screws.
Look down inside and there is a small Allen screw to loosen .
After it's loose move small hook to side and lift out needle.
Be careful as it has a shim under it already.
Install second shim and repeat .
Make sure to get hook over needle or sled will run like crap as needle can lift up when operating causing rich condition at slower speeds .

dodgeram18

Reaction score
right on man thanks for the help. so should i just double shim the jet as called for on the slp website for the head im running or do i also need to up my jet size?

dodgeram18

Reaction score
I am using a home brew air box mod. drilled out 2x 2" holes directly across from carbs and doubled up screen over holes.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of guys like that air box mod you did, but like text said you are going to get belt dust. To make that work even better get a vent on you side panel where the cold out side air would reach those vents. That way it will hopefully want to suck air from outside more then under hood air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom