JET Size Equation

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to remember if I had seen an equation to measure JET sizes for any particular sled with mods. Does anyone know if this exists? It may have been for something else.....Its been a long long summer!

boondockin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to remember if I had seen an equation to measure JET sizes for any particular sled with mods. Does anyone know if this exists? It may have been for something else.....Its been a long long summer!

what kinda sled ya running with what mods?

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what kinda sled ya running with what mods?

I have a 06 rev 800. It's piped, canned, 13.5:1 comp domes, v-force reeds and filter pods. I had increased jet flow before my last trip to the mountains but I don't think I needed it. I ride in both the mountains and Edmonton area. I was also running a mix of race gas to coincide with the high comp domes.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Don't think this exists, jet sizes are simply fuel flow in lbs/hr and each sled is different, as far as I know there is not one chart to say that if you have a can and pods you should run jet X and if you have high comp domes and reeds you should run jet Y. Each aftermarket part will have a jetting requirement, but if you are mixing mods (like reeds and pods and a can, etc) then you have to read the plugs and adjust jets accordingly. The pipe and head/pods might need one/two bigger jet sizes. Usually cans and reeds don't require jet changes.

boondockin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 06 rev 800. It's piped, canned, 13.5:1 comp domes, v-force reeds and filter pods. I had increased jet flow before my last trip to the mountains but I don't think I needed it. I ride in both the mountains and Edmonton area. I was also running a mix of race gas to coincide with the high comp domes.

id jus start watchin your plugs until you get the golden brown, im going to start rejetting my 01 800 i just put a set of cpi twins cpi has a baseline to start off from, and from their its just start tinkering

Top Bottom