January Snow Conditions

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you know the area there is lots of untouched if you don't...plus with low snow conditions getting to the outer limits could take some doing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Renshaw on Tuesday. Total of 4 riders up there that day....eerily quiet as was the town. Local eateries and hotels are hurting big time this season. Snow was actually quite good given the low levels so far this year and should not be a barrier stopping riders from getting out. Was able to easily find lots of untracked and not far from the cabin. And of course the farther back you went the less tracks. Lots of Avi activity. A fairly large area let go on the south face as you enter the valley to go over the saddle. Trail was a highway so thanks to HotRod and crew for their grooming efforts!

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just needs a good dump, damn I miss it there. Haven't rode it all season.

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just needs a good dump, damn I miss it there. Haven't rode it all season.

Seems like you like to talk about riding more than riding get out there I have almost 2000 k This year how many do you have?

KilroyNo1

Reaction score
Plenty of people up in Renshaw yesterday, the staging area was fairly full. The trail had been groomed that morning (spoke with Rod at the trailhead) and was great all the way up. The wind at the staging area was absolutely brutal, but once in the trees it wasn't bad. It was quite wind swept up top and fairly well tracked in, but there was definitely some great spots to be found if you hunted a bit. The majority of the snow from the big dump the previous week was pretty much gone due to warm temps.

A shout out to Kurt, Torbin and Scott (from St. Albert). It was great meeting you and thanks for all your help digging our sorry asses out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/40nl7h2gtgbpjiw/2017-01-28%2015.15.22.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6wkzc89ugcsfs3/2017-01-29 08.05.47-1.mp4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/31d9kso3c1j1r9y/2017-01-28 15.12.01.jpg?dl=0

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading to McBride this Thurs. Staying at North Country Lodge. Havent been there in about 10-12 yrs. Whats left in town for restaurants, pub?

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
Yes KilroyNo1, fun day for sure. Great to meet you guys. We rode Renshaw on Sunday again. We had a late start (didn't get to the hill till 11) there was under 40 guys up that day. Snowed all day, visibility sucked. Still lots of fun in the trees, not far from the cabin at all. Great weekend all in all.

Scott

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading to McBride this Thurs. Staying at North Country Lodge. Havent been there in about 10-12 yrs. Whats left in town for restaurants, pub?

Grizzly pub is good, theres also a restaurant attached to the Sandman. The one attached to the northcountry burned down about 5 years ago. I believe there was something in the works to build a new one but I havent been there yet this year.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Grizzly pub is good, theres also a restaurant attached to the Sandman. The one attached to the northcountry burned down about 5 years ago. I believe there was something in the works to build a new one but I havent been there yet this year.

doesn't look like there is anything in the works for North Country.

There is also a new Restaurant on Main street, I can't recall the name......

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
doesn't look like there is anything in the works for north country.

There is also a new restaurant on main street, i can't recall the name......
\

mainstreet grille... Quite good.

There is also a new breakfast buffet place on 1st avenue, that is really good.... Think it was $15 for a good spread and all you can eat :) .

The old hotel still has a good old bar in it

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
\

mainstreet grille... Quite good.

There is also a new breakfast buffet place on 1st avenue, that is really good.... Think it was $15 for a good spread and all you can eat :) .

The old hotel still has a good old bar in it

Sure do like that bar, lots of good laughs in there. Same lady still running the bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom