January 2011 - Conditions

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Well its still snowing like a son of a gun out there, I had some boys off the renshaw tell me that any more snow and they would be stuck up there and another group said the only thing that would make the trail better is a booth with Rye and Hamburgers so I think everyone will be in for a world of fun this weekend!

Rod is planning to groom Lucille this evening and then Belle tommorow, get all the trails nice and spiffy for the boys and girls this weekend!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

killerrf

Reaction score
with all this snow the east central area BC has been getting is seeming to funnel down around the prairies especially west central sask and east central alta. its been cloudy and snowy since last saturaday since its blizzard for 24 hours. this is the most snow we have had in january in a long long time and its awesome. finally!!

i hear that la nina system is parked out in the pacific and is suppose to keep channeling moisture like this all the way to april.... if this is true this could be one reallly deep winter... one for the records maybe.

i know its tough to work in sometimes but for me i will live with it cause when you can ride busting powder its all worth it... no matter where you are.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Almost to the "Average" mark after all of the snow lately....:beer::d:beer:

Attachments

• spd1a02p.gif
    spd1a02p.gif
    20.6 KB · Views: 380

nohlan_4

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get info regarding road closures. Want to head make a trip to Mcbride/Valemount this weekend but don't want to drive 4 hrs to get to a closed road. Obviously the road I would be traveling would be highway 16.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Ron only runnin 6lbs of boost??:rant:

We changed the front A arms to Zbros and just a general going over. Its actually been a turn the key and ride sled all season. Running 12 - 14 lbs boost.

We'll be up in Mcbride Friday to Sunday, should be a great time. We'll restock glen with gear and goodies.

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
We changed the front A arms to Zbros and just a general going over. Its actually been a turn the key and ride sled all season. Running 12 - 14 lbs boost.

We'll be up in Mcbride Friday to Sunday, should be a great time. We'll restock glen with gear and goodies.

Yup, suprised me too. Doing more riding this year then wrenching.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get info regarding road closures. Want to head make a trip to Mcbride/Valemount this weekend but don't want to drive 4 hrs to get to a closed road. Obviously the road I would be traveling would be highway 16.

Check drivebc.com it will tell you of any roadclosures or advisories in bc.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Yup, suprised me too. Doing more riding this year then wrenching.
We were out and another person in our group needed a custom tool for his turbo to do an adjustment. The Quag just happened to have the tool with him, and all the tools for the job, that was on the hill. He said he was used to wrenching the Nytro all the time. Funny thing is we havn't done any on the hill this season. lol.

It will be a great weekend in McBride.

rmk800matt

Reaction score

I can't make it up there till family day weekend. Try to leave some snow for the rest of us:beer:

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Well Belle Trail got groomed last night (tuesday evening) and Renshaw is being groomed this evening for Thursday morning, there is tons of snow and still more in the forecast! Should be an awesome weekend for all!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
beacon checker will be activated and working on Renshaw starting tomorrow, make sure yours is working. with any luck and no snow to remove will have Lucille done as well maybe even Belle, no promises on the Belle one.

BrownEyes420

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
beacon checker will be activated and working on Renshaw starting tomorrow, make sure yours is working. with any luck and no snow to remove will have Lucille done as well maybe even Belle, no promises on the Belle one.

You guys rock bbtoys! Thanks for all the hard work and making our riding safer, that's why we always come back for more! Not to mention the great hospitality and people in McBride :)

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Well according to Enviro Canada we have a snowfall warning again for tonight of 20cm all the trails have been groomed and now we are going to get some fresh pow for everyone to play in, you can always check out the reports under the weather section at, Drive BC it has the road reports and the closest weather report for our area.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND I WILL SEE YOU ALL ON THE RENSHAW!

Top Bottom