Jackson Hole 2019

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its unreal how good kc711 is. The guy is competing against the best in the world and he is still on a completely different level. To be that fast, that consistently on a course like that is unbelievable

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its unreal how good kc711 is. The guy is competing against the best in the world and he is still on a completely different level. To be that fast, that consistently on a course like that is unbelievable
i spent a lot of time just studying all the riders. His sled just does not get upset hammering through the holes like other guys. He must have a dedicated suspension guy that just builds shocks for all his sleds? There really isn’t a lot of time difference between his stockers and his open mod sleds. Those sleds are as good as he is. I follow him on Facebook and I don’t think Burandt is as good as him in the back country anymore?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i spent a lot of time just studying all the riders. His sled just does not get upset hammering through the holes like other guys. He must have a dedicated suspension guy that just builds shocks for all his sleds? There really isn’t a lot of time difference between his stockers and his open mod sleds. Those sleds are as good as he is. I follow him on Facebook and I don’t think Burandt is as good as him in the back country anymore?

I cant even imagine how good he would do on a real mountain sled like ski-doo.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was doing the same, Justin thomas beat Keith once.

Keith is running a ezride rear suspension. I only noticed a few guys that had them. The doo x team used to use them.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was doing the same, Justin thomas beat Keith once.

Keith is running a ezride rear suspension. I only noticed a few guys that had them. The doo x team used to use them.
I saw that. Keith had a mini stuck near gate 30. That was the difference. That is a helluva suspension by the looks of it. Front end was working great to. Dialed!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw that. Keith had a mini stuck near gate 30. That was the difference. That is a helluva suspension by the looks of it. Front end was working great to. Dialed!

I don't know if all of his sleds have them but a few have the new Walker Evan's front shocks that come on the Khaos.....the shocks that the internet experts said are garbage. lol

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you run aftermarket suspension in the stock classes or does it have to be stock? Or does the stock and mod component only apply to power?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock is how sled came out of box other then some tuning and safety for race .

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty amazing racing to watch this weekend. I was lucky to catch enough of it to really compare the machines and riders. This course really separated the Skill levels

couple of things i noticed about Keith that ive never noticed before...

1. His suspension is dialed. that machine reacts so much differently than most of the other machines i seen go up the hill all weekend. Hes not getting kicked and bucked around

2. he is ALWAYS carrying speed. Most riders are slowing into the corners and accelerating out of them. He actually accelerates into corners that he can,and uses it to slingshot out. This gives him great momentum into the next feature

3. his height seems to be key. with all of his mass up high when the sled does kick around its just a flick of the wrists and hes back in control. He is putting wayyyy less effort into recovering the sled than most of the other riders.

4. His sleds are light in the front end. I wouldn't doubt if he was making calibration changes throughout the day as the course got tougher. His front end floats over all of the obstacles and he is controlling it on the track. The big wall at Gate 20 he wheelied over with speed and his rear suspension sucked it all up. If your carrying speed like he is, you dont need a sled with a planted front end

But he guy is just skilled. Picking lines, recovering from unexpected obstacles. Just cool to watch

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is everyone just discovering Keith Curtis? He has been dominating RMSHA for several years now and IMO has been Polaris' premier rider over Burandt for about the same time.

Top Bottom