Jackfish lake Oct 30th

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh nothing. Other than groups spending 100's of thousands of dollars to keep riding areas open and people like you tearing chit up and being counterproductive to these efforts..

Ie:
- Not staying on trail
- Riding through muddy/soft/muskeg areas

Congrats on being asshats.

I don't care to hear your responses. Obviously you aren't informed enough to know better other then your self centered personal enjoyment at the expensive of other's hard work, money, and volunteer time.

That's it for now. Off to our club meeting tonight....

So let me guess you come to a water hole or mud hole and cant go around you just sit and wait for it to dry up cause you dont wanna get your city slicker azz dirty or your quad dirty . Sounds like a boring ride to me. Did not see any land disrespect in those pictures . When we quad we use respect there is a difference in what point you are trying to get across maybe you should clear up your point cause the people you are pointing a finger at are most likely not on a site like this cause they dont want to be caught doing the wrong stuff

Just some fyi. MAKE SURE BRAIN IS ENGAUGED BEFORE OPENING MOUTH

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha. I love this.

Snow and MUD? Really? Looks like I'm in the right place then..

Why's that? To bring awareness to people who obviously don't know what they should.

When I find a trial that's full of water holes and mud? I work with the government to either close it, or engineer and build bridges to go OVER the mud. Guess what? I'm not the only one. There are a list of clubs out there working hard to made trails sustainable to allow use in the future, but the public, government, and other groups of people are trying to close them down. Posting pictures and doing what you are doing are only promoting their fight making it more difficult for us to keep areas open.

I've been over this plenty of times before, but I continue to do it because I've seen change. Hoping to reach more people to cause more to change and help ease the fight against closures because they are becoming very real.

I know the responses will be: Oh, that's in your areas and not ours, or what would you like us to ride, etc. This affects all OHV use from trucks, DB's, and ATV's.

Join a group fighting to keep areas open and youll see where you should be riding, see trails that are designed to be sustainable, and work on volunteer days to show the effort required to keep said trails sustainable.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Haha. I love this.

Why's that? To bring awareness to people who obviously don't know what they should.

When I find a trial that's full of water holes and mud? I work with the government to either close it, or engineer and build bridges to go OVER the mud. Guess what? I'm not the only one. There are a list of clubs out there working hard to made trails sustainable to allow use in the future, but the public, government, and other groups of people are trying to close them down. Posting pictures and doing what you are doing are only promoting their fight making it more difficult for us to keep areas open.

I've been over this plenty of times before, but I continue to do it because I've seen change. Hoping to reach more people to cause more to change and help ease the fight against closures because they are becoming very real.

I know the responses will be: Oh, that's in your areas and not ours, or what would you like us to ride, etc. This affects all OHV use from trucks, DB's, and ATV's.

Join a group fighting to keep areas open and youll see where you should be riding, see trails that are designed to be sustainable, and work on volunteer days to show the effort required to keep said trails sustainable.

Thats great that you do it,,I would as well,,but the way you come across and call people you have never met A$$HOLES and such is not a way to go about making people listen to you ....

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha. I love this.

You know what? Your efforts are admirable, your causes are commendable, but your attitude fawking sucks. You come on here preaching doom and damnation to anybody who leaves the pavement with anything more than a trial tire. You call people names for going out where 99% of the general population will never see, or care to see. I have been riding out west for over 20 years, and the landscape changes almost daily with lease roads, pumpjacks, and pipelines. I've seen a lot more area out there get shut off due to community pastures and oilfield than a few guys on quads. I agree wholeheartedly with the "if you pack it in, pack it back out" idea, but coming on here lashing out at people who look for a nice family-friendly activity is like a slap in the face. Just don't bitch and moan when you get slapped back.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh nothing. Other than groups spending 100's of thousands of dollars to keep riding areas open and people like you tearing chit up and being counterproductive to these efforts..

Ie:
- Not staying on trail
- Riding through muddy/soft/muskeg areas

Congrats on being asshats.

I don't care to hear your responses. Obviously you aren't informed enough to know better other then your self centered personal enjoyment at the expensive of other's hard work, money, and volunteer time.

That's it for now. Off to our club meeting tonight....

You expect people to bring about change, when you do nothing but insult and generalize.

I believe you lack the mentality to comprehend reasonable speaking without hostility or negativeness,.. I am not sure if it was because of your upbringing, or learned into your adult life,..

But I will give you some advice,.. don't sh*t where you eat, it will give you a bad taste in your mouth sooner or later.

But in all reality, you should take some time for yourself, to pursue a communication skill that doesn't pass on that sh*t taste to others.

Dale Carnegie: How to win friends and influence people

Learn How To

* Gain agreement and cooperation with others
* Inspire confidence and trust by establishing credibility
* Influence others even when you don't have authority
* Recognize your hot buttons
* Use attentive listening skills to help others to feel appreciated
* Increase your 'likeability' by putting DCT's 9 principles into practice
* Maintain your composure under pressure
* Give constructive feedback without generating hostility
* Engage others by building rapport
* Use Emotional Intelligence to improve interpersonal relationships
* Deal effectively with challenging individuals
* Persuade others to your way of thinking
* Change other people's behavior by changing your reaction to them

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSioEwnhPKA[/YT]

I am done with you, I do not wish to be your friend, nor your enemy,.. and I will leave it at that. I am pretty sure you have made no friends whatsoever now, and maybe for even the future.

Last edited:

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like i need to keep a closer eye on this....

please refrain from name calling, bashing, and making this into a heated debate.

yes, there are rules for quadding, but from the pictures (to me) it looks like he is trying to get out of the trouble spots than make it worse. i also know that there are some people who would avoid getting dirty and don't see the mud until it is too late.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely not here to make friends. But I appreciate the advice.

If you've read the other side of my discussions with the responses I've received when being nice you'll understand my short attitude for those who don't realise the position we are all in. People are often to short sighted to make change when they can until it's too late then bitch and moan about why it happened. Well, at least to me, that seems pretty damn obvious.

Keep the responses coming. I enjoy the critique.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where you guys stage at out there. lived north of there my whole life and never knew of the trails. may just have to go try it looks awsome.

The area is half way between Rocky and Nordegg..North side of the hi way,lots of riding out there,,,and hopefully no people telling you to stay on trails,,,
Pack out what ya pack in is the rule...

Dumb ?. thought you were out by carvel. my bad. still looks like a awsome ride though.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh and i am done worring about mud holes and water holes when out on the quad. my family has had a cabin out in mercoal since my grandfathers time and now we are about to get kicked out cause some dumb coal mine has dug up thousands of acres of land and destroyed tons of streams and trail systems. so i figure if the gov of aberta is cool with that, then why worry. I know its a chity attitude to have, but you have had to see what i have seen up there in the last 3 years. I am sure theres tons of guys on here that have seen it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhino Rick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely not here to make friends. But I appreciate the advice.

If you've read the other side of my discussions with the responses I've received when being nice you'll understand my short attitude for those who don't realise the position we are all in. People are often to short sighted to make change when they can until it's too late then bitch and moan about why it happened. Well, at least to me, that seems pretty damn obvious.

Keep the responses coming. I enjoy the critique.

Your responses are exactly what I would expect of a person of your calibre.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing thats most anoying, is this started out as a nice thread with some nice pics of a nice ride. then someone has to say something stupid or state an opinion and it all goes to chit. why can't we just all get along? yes some few people can't be bothered with mud and muck but my guess would be that 75% of us or more like getting dirty. sometimes mouths need to stay shut. This is one topic that kinda hits a nerve with me, quading and mudding was how i was raised and i ain't about to stop. I think we need a poll, lets see how many people like what. mud, muskeg, water, dry trails. or non of the above.

Last edited by a moderator:

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Dumb ?. thought you were out by carvel. my bad. still looks like a awsome ride though.

No worries it is a nice area...The jackfish lake road eventually comes to a dead end...Mainly just oll leases,,anyway,,you can go for miles,,lots of random camping ,but they have logged in there in the last 3 years or so and ,,,well ya know taken out alot of the nice trails away

And shibby i dont have time nor the energy to argue with some one behind a key board..I wish you all the best in your ventures,,,,,,,,

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were out at Long island lake trail system on the 7th. We were on the trails too. There was a number of places that should have been solid but they weren't. However my quad was thoroughly cover with mud which is heaven for me, what a way to finish the season. It is too bad that some people have to spew vitrol without knowing the facts. It looks like you have had a good ride though!!

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely not here to make friends....

Well you came to the right place then. :rolleyes:

I've ridden close to 10 000km over the past 10 years on almost every trail between Sundre north to hwy 11 and then some and all the way between caroline/rocky/Nordegg and the park border. I've had a hand in organizing quad rallies and poker runs and I have seen areas that have been torn to hell from quads and jeeps to the point that they were no longer passable. And people stopped riding them as a result. Nobody closed them, people just looked at them and decided for themselves that they would try to find another trail around it.

Those same trails 2 years later looked like they had never been used and I guarantee there was no special task force that came in to fix them, no government order to close them. Mother nature took care of herself. As a result of witnessing this, all those that say "tread lightly" can stick that quote up their ass!! It's those tree huggin fruit booters that are ruining it for the rest of us, not the ones that enjoy the trails responsibly!

You have obvously never ridden in any serious muskegg or in a poker rally before just based on your talk about building bridges or going back. How do you build a bridge or engineer a trail over a swamp 300' wide and a km long? If you wanted to do that where I ride, you may as well haul in a million tons of gravel and build a road.

And so what if the trail is full of holes? At least it's isolated to just one area and not over three because "you and the government" decided a bypass trail was needed so the original could be restored to natural condition.:rolleyes: Give me a break clown.

I agree with the bridges over the creeks and rivers where possible to preserve fish breeding area's and stuff, but if it's a cutline or seismic trail, giv'r and don't look back. Just take your garbage with you when you leave.

Top Bottom