Jack Shaft Failure Again

TC Pro

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Polaris Pro and after 1000 miles my jackshaft has failed for the second time. The first time at about 600 miles the bearing failed damaging the driveshaft. I replaced the drive shaft and bearings. Now after ridng it for another 400 miles the jackshaft snapped off. I am wondering if in 2014 the the problems I am having have been solved. I do not want to have to go for an aftermarket fix and another new driveshaft. I am thinking of trading my 2013 for a 2014.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Polaris Pro and after 1000 miles my jackshaft has failed for the second time. The first time at about 600 miles the bearing failed damaging the driveshaft. I replaced the drive shaft and bearings. Now after ridng it for another 400 miles the jackshaft snapped off. I am wondering if in 2014 the the problems I am having have been solved. I do not want to have to go for an aftermarket fix and another new driveshaft. I am thinking of trading my 2013 for a 2014.

did it have the clamp fix ?

TC Pro

Reaction score
yeah had the clamp on both times first time was just a wabble that ate the belt up.It is broken in the mountain right now sheard about an inch of shaft off on outboard side and bearing broke housing on belt side

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any input out there on the 14s dealer willing to trade in am

shitty deal man. As far as issues thats almost a first. They had torque isssues early 13 but retightned the bolts and stopped caused bearing problems. Never heard of shaft breakn there. 14s r prolly same shaft

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would you buy a 2014 after issues like that? I'd be looking at another brand personally

Sent from my S4

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No issues on either of my 14's. If I understood my dealer the issue in 13 was known and covered under warranty. Once fixed it was not expected to reoccur. First I've heard of a repeat.

rmscustom

Reaction score
I'm confused, trackshaft or jackshaft?

I'm assuming its the jackshaft or the top one. Make sure the quickdrive plate is glued tight to the chassis and there isn't a gap between the shoulder of the shaft and the bearing and keep the pulley bolt torqued to 45 lbs to provide enough squeeze on the inner bearing race so it doesn't slip on the shaft. Also can reassemble with sleave retainer to help.

Just reread and it sounds like the trackshaft

Last edited:

TC Pro

Reaction score
Yes it is the track shaft that broke just hear it called both way. Quick drive plate was tight when disassemble, just sheared the shaft off

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it is the track shaft that broke just hear it called both way. Quick drive plate was tight when disassemble, just sheared the shaft off

Sounds like a lemon. Just trade for the 14.

Closest thing to a polaris is a cat but the motors may be reliable but the oil pump arms fall off, rails stab track, oil tank punches holes in side panel.

They all have their problems.

Top Bottom