Jack Plate

catsass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking for a hydrolic jacking plate for my boat ! It needs to be good for at least 225 hp.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trim tab ?

Or lifting jack for the hitch?

think he might be looking for the track set up that lifts the out board engine up and down.....not the tilting unit but it lift the engine straight up......to get less drag out of the leg......at least that is what I call a jacking plate!

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
jack plate is a mounting mechanism for an out board engine that allows you to move the engine strait up and down rather than than conventional tilt. it allows you to jack the motor strait up rather than having to tilt it causing the prop to force the bow up......lets you keep plain and raise the engine as close to the surface as possible allowing max speed. careful though in most cases a jack plate will allow you to over rev the engine

catsass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you are right overkill and plio7 that is what i am looking for.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I have seen, guys that have a jack plate on there OB's get a couple more MPH at top end but the cost of the Jackplate makes it an expensive couple miles an hour faster. Purchase cost and the key, proper install are pricey...

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking for a hydrolic jacking plate for my boat ! It needs to be good for at least 225 hp.

What do you have now? Nothing? Mechanical?

We had one of these on our Raider in the 10", I would suggest getting the 4". It was fine with 2 people in the boat but with 4 the boat would porpoise in rough water because of all the rear weight.

If you dont want to drop the cash for that you can get a mechanical one that you loosen bolts and slide the motor up and down in slots......This is alright but depends on your boat, our boat you would only jack the plate up 3 inches for top speed and then slowly trim the motor up till you hit 6000 rpm. Any other variation you wouldnt go as fast and you could also take off with the jackplate at this setting so really we didnt need the hydraulic but its nice for pulling up to the beach jacking the plate up all the way.

heres a site for alot of manufacturers Jack Plate Manufacturers

Another thing is if your motor does not have low water pick ups i would suggest getting this kit.

catsass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont have anything right now. I run a 20 ft invader and it is such a flat running boat , i need to get it out of the water to get the max out of that hull. I put a raker prop on it and that made a big difference. Thanks for your interest

Top Bottom